Trouble TTC
Options

Ovulation before ultrasound?

Hi everyone! :)

Well I had my follow-up appointment, and DH is normal. I'm normal, aside from the slightly high TSH. My RE put me on Femara for CD 3-7, then an ultrasound on CD 14, then a trigger shot and IUI.

My question is, what if I O before my ultrasound? Would they still do the ultrasound in hopes there are some more mature follicles?

I'm treating this month like a test run, to see how everything works, so I will (hopefully) be less disappointed if we miss the window with the IUI, but I am curious as to what to expect, and I didn't think of it while I was there (but I did ask a million other questions!).

Tia! (And I'll probably think of more questions later...)

TTC since 2011

Re: Ovulation before ultrasound?

• Options
    Do you only get 1 ultrasound the entire cycle? I'm on Femara and Ovidrel (with TI for now, but we may move to IUI), and have BW and US day 3, 9 and the usually every day until my LH peak when I get the Ovidrel shot. I typically have to inject myself day 11 or 12, but I do have shorter cycles generally (used to be approximately 25 days, has increased to 28 with all the drugs and hormones). Could you ask for tighter follow up?
  • Options
    Hey!

It looks like sop for where I go is one ultrasound at first, then bring you back if you need another. I'm assuming because it treats a wide area and I ovulate on my own anyway, and since it's a 40 minute drive from my house I don't mind too much. I guess if i get a positive opk I can call and find out what to do.

TTC since 2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good call! As much as I like knowing exactly what's going on down there (they give me daily follie and lining measurements and hormone levels), I wish I didn't have to do this every day for 3-4 days in a row. Good luck to you!