1st Trimester

I have bronchitis and can't stop coughing.

neferhathorneferhathor member
edited April 2015 in 1st Trimester
I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and have had bronchitis for the past week. I've coughed all day and night for 5 (6?) days in a row and I'm miserable. I can't sleep at night and I can't nap because my two children only nap sporadically. I'm taking some OB approved OTC meds and using tea, cough drops, and steam for relief but I just want to punch this farking cough in the face. I guess I should just be thankful the MS hasn't come yet because I'd probably hurl with every coughing spell. Is anyone else sick on top of being pregnant and feel like complaining?
Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary

Re: I have bronchitis and can't stop coughing.

• I recently had pneumonia and I know the pain. Let me give you some pointers in case you haven't learned yet--pantiliners or maybe even some pads. If the coughs bad enough, you may accidentally pee your pants.

I would talk to a doctor--before the bronchitis gets worse. I had to be put on antibiotics and an inhaler by prescription.

Hang in there, it's really rough :( but untreated infection can be dangerous to the pregnancy
  • I'm actually wearing a panty liner now. I had an incident earlier. :| I've given myself another 24 hours to see some improvement and if not, I'm definitely calling the doc.
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah the joys of coughing while pregnant! No bladder control :(

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out fast. Being pregnant really lowers your immune system, so it's good to be cautious with illness
  • I ended up just going to the doctor today. They gave me an antibiotic so hopefully it will clear out my lungs soon.
  • Hoping for a speedy recovery. It really sucks being sick while pregnant. But, most antibiotics are relatively safe for pregnancy.
  • It's miserable when not pg but fucking miserable while pg. I hope you get relief soon.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had bronchitis at 8 weeks pregnant with my first. They had me tough it out but eventually gave me a safe antobiodic to take.