Breastfeeding

Weight Loss Post Weaning

Hello everyone! I was a regular bumpie when I was pregnant with DD who is now 4 1/2 years old. I am writing this as sort of a last resort. I weaned my DD this past July right before she started kindergarten. I had exclusively breastfed her for the better part of the first year of her life as she was sort of a late start to solids. After that I breastfed her morning, bedtime and nap time and when she was sick throughout the next years of her life until she was just shy of 4, I weaned July 15th and she turned 4 October 12th. Anyway, pretty much since I weaned her I have lost weight and experienced appetite loss. My doctor has ran every test and scan and everything is fine. I am not really sick in any way, I am healthy and active aside from the typical mommy brain and tired at the end of a long day. 

Since I weaned her in July I have lost 65 lbs. I was about 180 lbs at my last recorded weight from my doctor in May and am now down to 112 lbs this morning. I have Googled online but can't really find anyone else that has experienced this to this extreme. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I am in no way complaining, it is just that I have not weighed 112 lbs since I was in middle school. My normal pre-pregnancy weight was always about 130 lbs, I am 5'3". 

Thank-you for any stories you have! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weight Loss Post Weaning

• Have you had thorough testing on your thyroid?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.