Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Thank you notes

In the process of getting ready to send out shower thank you notes....Is there a specific timeframe? I wanted to get them out before we had the baby which due date is may 20th. Also what is the proper way of writing thank you cards, handwritten or typed (if typed could the wording be the same for everyone) or do I need to thank each guest individually for their gift. I was going to handwrite them, but I know if will take forever.

Re: Baby Shower Thank you notes

• Options
    Handwritten ones can be the same too, or similar.  Google baby shower thank you's, and you will get some nice wordings that don't sound ALL the same as well, if you want to change them up a bit.  I've already started some 'pre-showers', and just need to add a more personal note about the individual's gift after they're over, so will each only need a minute or two to finish up, and pop in the mail.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Handwritten is nice however I wouldn't side eye a typed thank you but you need to write personal thank yous to each guest. Getting them out ASAP is important. I usually get mine out no more than two weeks after an event.
  • Options
    I would say up to a week maximum, handwritten. I googled " baby shower thank you" and it had a lot of great ones to use as templates. First I thank them for coming to the shower, then get into their specific gift and how much the baby will enjoy it. I also wrote how I hope to be as good a parent as the gift giver if they were parents. Recruit your husband to help too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Katerina&BabyKaterina&Baby member
    edited April 2015
    Handwritten thanks you notes are an absolute "must" in my opinion. Pre-printed thank yous that are not personalized are insulting. As far as time frame goes, try to get them out within a few weeks of the shower. It is much more manageable if you commit to writing 3-5 each night until you're done (as opposed to trying to carve out a few hours to do them all at once) - it will also save you from the dreaded hand cramp!
  • Options

Handwritten thanks you notes are an absolute "must" in my opinion. Pre-printed thank yous that are not personalized are insulting. As far as time frame goes, try to get them out within a few weeks of the shower. It is much more manageable if you commit to writing 3-5 each night until you're done (as opposed to trying to carve out a few hours to do them all at once) - it will also save you from the dreaded hand cramp!

This exactly
  • Options
    I can overlook a typed thank-you. Atrocious handwriting? By all means, type. But, it really must be a personal thank you for each and every person who gave you a gift. Send them out as soon as you possibly can.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    If it's going to take forever to hand write them, then you must have received a lot of nice gifts.  I think if people took the time to look up a registry, go to a store and wrap a present, then we can take the time to write out two or three sentences thanking them for their specific gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker