May 2015 Moms
Options

37 weeks with strong contractions!

last night I thought it was go time! I had contractions for 5 hours about That gradually got to 6 min apart for 50 secs... Then POOF they were gone! They felt very different from braxton hicks. Has anyone else experienced this? If this is your second, did this happen the first time? If so, did you go into labor soon after?

Re: 37 weeks with strong contractions!

• Options
    I just recently posted something like this. I have been having contractions since 26 weeks. I am now almost 38 with some very intense contractions. More then 7 an hour all day everyday. Some of them make me really think i am in labor.With my first I did not do this. Did not have any contractions till I was in labor. I also have a high pain tolerance and these contractions are kicking my butt. Still no baby and have an appointment today to check for dialation.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've been experiencing the same thing. Strong contractions that last for 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes. I would have them for hours at a time, with 6-10 in an hour. I called my doc and he said that since I'm 37 weeks if this is the real thing that it's save to have the baby. I watched them all evening yesterday and they went from occurring every 8-10 mins to every 5-7 minutes. I finally feel asleep and woke up this morning and they slowed down. My belly is aching from the constant contractions. I have my 37 week appt today. Hopefully I'm at least starting to dilate from all of this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my third I had like four false labours... So frustrating!! I had them like 4 mins apart for three hours... And then they stopped...
  • Options
    ekaebekaeb member
    I have been having them for about a 3weeks along with period like cramping and nothing yet I did not have it with my first two but all I get from doc is well it water hasn't broken yet so ul be fine. It kinda pisses me off I wnt a bigger answer more explanation please!!! But for some resen they treat u like u should now since it's my 3rd pregnancy! I'm more of everything changed since last time I was prego
  • Options
    tskeen08 said:

I've been experiencing the same thing. Strong contractions that last for 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes. I would have them for hours at a time, with 6-10 in an hour. I called my doc and he said that since I'm 37 weeks if this is the real thing that it's save to have the baby. I watched them all evening yesterday and they went from occurring every 8-10 mins to every 5-7 minutes. I finally feel asleep and woke up this morning and they slowed down. My belly is aching from the constant contractions. I have my 37 week appt today. Hopefully I'm at least starting to dilate from all of this.

Let us know! I was already 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I am crossing my fingers that I am more dilated at my check up tomorrow! I am on my feet all day long at work, so everyone thinks I will go early, I hate waiting, I am very impatient ha
  • Options
    I'm a FTM... So my question is.. Do these contractions yall are feeling hurt? Or is it just that tightening feeling? I've been having those for a while. I'm guessing they are Braxton hicks? Have never had any pain except a mild period cramp in my hip a couple of times. I'm 35 weeks.
  • Options
    ekaebekaeb member
    I have pain! Sometimes mild pain that just his away other times it's sharp pain stops me from what I'm doing
  • Options
    It's prodromal labor! I had it with DD and I'm having it with this one now. It's like labor starts and then fizzles out. In my case I did dilate and efface and baby dropped lower. Last time it happened a couple times in the last two weeks but it's happening a little earlier this time.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    fatlard64 said:

I'm a FTM... So my question is.. Do these contractions yall are feeling hurt? Or is it just that tightening feeling? I've been having those for a while. I'm guessing they are Braxton hicks? Have never had any pain except a mild period cramp in my hip a couple of times. I'm 35 weeks.

I am having braxton hicks as well, they are just a super tight feeling. But these were different, they started in my back and then moved around me to my lower belly. Does that make since? Ha I thought at first they were just braxton hicks but they got more intense as they went on.
  • Options
    I'll be 38 weeks on Saturday, and I've been having prodromal labor for a little over a week. It helps to remember that the contractions and cramps do have a purpose. Whether it is to dilate, efface, rotate baby, or even prepare baby's lungs, there are lots of reasons for contractions and they aren't all measurable. Don't be discouraged if you aren't dilated or effaced because it's still probably productive in other ways.
  • Options
    I don't think there really is more of an explanation.. False labour is a pain the butt. Try having a warm bath sometimes that settles them down. If it persists and they get closer together and more intense you should go ey checked out, which is also a pain but there's no other way to know really.L
  • Options
    I have pains but no tightening so I assume those are not contractions?
  • Options
    I'm 37 weeks as of today and I've been having the same thing. Yesterday at 4 am we were just about to head to the hospital because I was having contractions less then 5 minutes apart and then all of the sudden they just stopped. After that I went on with my day as I normally would and nothing happened. I was a little relieved she didn't come because she would've been 1 day before full term but at the same time I'm kinda bummed because I'm soooo ready to meet her!
  • Options
    stephv18 said:

My doc checked me and I'm not dilated yet. But I am 80% effaced! ! That's some progress at least. Since this is my third she told me that I can from not being dilated at all to being 5 centimeters in no time. So I'm staying positive.