November 2014 Moms
Options

Ear piercing at 6months

right girls my lg is 16weeks & at 24weeks i can get her ears done, am i the only one considering it? My mum got my sis done at 6wks & i was 6months so always said id rather get them done young so she isto young to really knw wats happened? Wats everyone opinion even if against it????

Re: Ear piercing at 6months

• Options
    I did my daughters at 6 months, she did fine. My cousin did her daughters at 3 months, they can't play with them as much the younger they are. But a lot of people say it is the kids body now and let it be up to them, so its up to you on how you want to go about it really.
  • Options
    Think she wil look adorable, ppl have said its child abuse but total agree thr younger they r they cnt touch xx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone will have something to say about it, to each there own I think if its what you want to do, do it.
  • Options
    My nieces got theirs done as babies and did great. I also plan on celebrating my lo's 1/2 birthday with a little ear piercing. I had mine done at 8 and it was a disaster.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Do the babies tug at them the older they get?
  • Options
    My DD got her done at her 4 month check up. She did cry a little but she seem fine with them now she got them done Friday.
  • Options
    Only place where i am that i can thjnk wil do it is claires accessories so 7wks to go til i can get them done xx
  • Options

I for one don't see the point of doing it that young.  Sure it might be better cause they won't remember it.  Personally we are waiting until she is old enough to know that she has to take care of her ears and clean them and that there is some responsibility to it.  Plus I had my ears pierced really young and hated everything about it cause I didn't want them pierced.  SO my parents finally gave up with having me wear ear rings and let the holes close up.  Wasn't until I was older  and really wanted pierced ears that  I went back and had them repierced and actually took care of my ears. 

So I guess it's whatever your prefence is but we are for sure wating.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter chose to have hers done at 5 years old. She is now 10 and never wears them. I can see how having it done earlier can eliminate that but I wanted it to be her choice. I would suggest looking to see if your pediatricians office does it. We used Claire's but for a bitty baby, it might make me nervous.
  • Options
    Totally up to you. I personally feel like it's not my choice to make for my daughter since it is making a permanent change to her body.