December 2014 Moms
Options

Humidifier

TichristTichrist member
edited April 2015 in December 2014 Moms
is a humidifier necessary on a regular basis even when my LO is not sick? I worry about not cleaning it properly and it doing more harm than good? I live in dry dry dry az... Any thoughts??

Re: Humidifier

• Options
    We use a humidifier a lot. It helps keep the pollen and dust down in the house as well as just counteracting the dry air. But we also got the most basic humidifiers.... no weird filters or little parts to clean. It's just a big bucket with a heating mechanism. I wash them out in the bathtub on occasion and they are good to go.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I live in SC and the pollen is awful. We use our humidifier whenever LO seems stuffy. It works great! We also just have the basic one. I don't use it every night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have never used one. I am sure it would help sometimes, but it is definitely not a necessity.
  • Options
    I tend to use humidifiers a lot during the winter.  In Ohio the winter air gets really dry.  Our allegist said that when we can we should get a whole house humidifier for the winter.  I would suggest getting one for Arizona and it's dry heat.  I had issues when I was living in Oklahoma with the dry air, effected me just like an Ohio winter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker