Babies on the Brain
Options

12 DPO (Am I Crazy To Think I Might Be Pregnant?)

Hello!

My husband and I are TTC. I'm on cycle day 23, which I'm estimating is 12 DPO because my temperature spiked highest on day 11. I noticed strange symptoms around day 11...heavy, tender breasts that have increased in size, increased saliva, some cramping, backaches, migraines, sleeplessness and trouble staying asleep, vivid dreams, and A LOT of nausea and dizziness.

I took tests around days 15/16 because I needed to know--negative. I also took ovulation tests around day 11 and 13/14/15--negative. I'm confused! (We're fairly new to TTC, and the women in my family famously have a lot of trouble conceiving and delivering healthy babies.)

We used Progesterone to bring on my period (10 days, approx 2 days after which, my period came after 4 months). Then we used Clomid on days 6-10 to bring on ovulation. I don't know if the Clomid worked. I don't know if I even ovulated, really, because though my BBT chart suggests it did happen, not once did I get a positive ovulation test.

Could the remaining Progesterone/Clomid in my system be creating these symptoms? Could I (please Lord) really be pregnant? Or am I deluding myself?

Thank you so much for your time and advice! I will owe you many hugs :)

Re: 12 DPO (Am I Crazy To Think I Might Be Pregnant?)

• Options
    I am new to TTC as well and have no idea how Clomid and Progesterone affect OPKs. However, I do know if you have a negative today that means you are not pregnant today. Your symptoms can be PMS or ovulating symptoms. Since you are not sure that you ovulated, your best bet is POAS every couple of days until you get a BFP or your period. If you get to 60 dpo with neither a BFP or your period, call your doc.

There is a board called "Trying to Get Pregnant." Have you read any of those threads? I suggest lurking on that board as well. I've found the ladies there very helpful and knowledgeable. I caution against symptom spotting. It'll drive you nuts!! Look for the thread called "If You Could Tell a Newbie Anything" to get you started.

Also, it's against Bump Guidelines/Terms of Use (TOU) to ask if you are pregnant.
  • Options
    DandT2point0DandT2point0 member
    edited April 2015
    @jesslohmann (if that's your real name I suggest changing your screen name to something more private), the Tell a Newbie thread in Trying to Get Pregnant" has an abbreviations explanation/dictionary/decoder :-bd

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12555891/if-you-could-tell-a-newbie-anything#latest

Edited to add link.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you taking clomid while under the care of an RE, because that's who can answer these questions for you. If not, you need to stop taking it because that's a serious drug that should be taken while being properly monitored. It's nothing to mess around with as it has a finite number of uses. I'm going to page @TheBorg7of9 because she's got the best advice about clomid.
  • Options
    It's probably too soon to tell but the only way you can ever tell is to take a test and see what it says.  Day 15/16 of your cycle and/or 4-5 days after ovulating is too soon to get a positive test.  I know you're excited and anxious but all you can do is take the test and/or see if you get your period.  It might also be helpful to start taking your temp and plotting so you can better figure out when you are ovulating instead of estimating.  That might be especially needed/helpful if your family has a history of difficulty conceiving.