July 2015 Moms
Options

Excruciating Tailbone Pain

suddenly over the weekend my somewhat minor tailbone and pelvic area pain has gone through the roof, to the point where moving from a sitting position to even walking causes extreme pain through my tailbone and the left side of my pelvis. I have a FT desk job and am wondering if that's exacerbating the pain. Anyone going through the same thing? If so, what have you tried? I'm seeing my chiropractor tonight and am thinking about one of those coccyx pillows. Any advice is appreciated!

Re: Excruciating Tailbone Pain

• Options

I saw my Chiro, OB and FP all of which said there was nothing I could really do.

I find stretching and making sure I sleep with a pillow in between my legs is the most helpful

• Options
    I work at a desk all day and have the same horrible tailbone pain. I bought a pillow for my chair off of amazon and that seems to help a bit. I try to get up and walk around as much as I can during the day (easy to do with frequent water and bathroom breaks). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NittanyPA said:

I saw my Chiro, OB and FP all of which said there was nothing I could really do.

I find stretching and making sure I sleep with a pillow in between my legs is the most helpful

Yup. All of this. Stretching is key!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The most helpful stretch I do, is getting on all 4s and letting my back arch. kinda like, see how low I can go until my belly touches the floor. LOL.  It feels good. turns DH on at a bad time, but feels great on my back and tailbone.
  • Options
    If you do any yoga, both the "downward dog" and "melting heart" poses have really helped me, albeit temporarily. You can google the poses for pics.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, ladies! I'm going to try the pillow at work, with some stretching and yoga. Sounds like it'll be at least 3 more months of this.
  • Options
    I have suffered from the same exact thing, I have found that when I work out (barre class) it has really helped out. 
    In addition, going to an acupuncturist has relieved a lot of the pain! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue but it's on and off throughout the day. I've been doing yoga poses to stretch and it seems to help!
  • Options
    krk09krk09 member
    Me too!!! Except sitting is fine. It's when I am standing/walking that I feel like I am going to DIE! I also spoke to Dr and he basically said, take Tylenol and the only cure is giving birth...so helpful! Haha. I tried some yoga and felt amazing, until I woke up the next morning. I read that for some stretches and exercises will feel really great at the time, but cause worse pain later. Suggestions in all the articles were to relax and not push anything and to be patient. :/
  • Options
    Same here. I broke my tailbone during delivery of ds1 and now anytime i sit or stand too long it starts to really hurt. Try using a Bobby pillow while at work they really do work wonders not just for baby lol. My son was sunny side up and i delivered onmy left side so when he came down the birth canal he snapped my lower end of tailbone. Talk about eexcruciating pain!! And of course I couldn't take anything since I breastfed:( it was a rough recovery. Every time I tried to sit down it took at least 10 minutes to get fully sat down. Good luck!