November 2015 Moms
Options

Dreaming of baby's gender

htilsonhtilson member
edited April 2015 in November 2015 Moms
So last night I had my 3rd or 4th dream about having a girl. But I also later on dreamed about having a 9lb baby boy. But the dreams about girls seem to get more
detailed and we actually called her by the name we have picked out as well. Has anyone found correlations with dreams and the actual gender? I'm sure it's just all in my head since I'm only 10 weeks. Still a while to go before knowing what baby bear is.

Re: Dreaming of baby's gender

• Options
    I've had 4 dreams it's a boy and none that's it's a girl! Hoping my dreams are just crazy bc I really want a girl! I should find out from my blood test this week sometime :)
  • Options

I've had 4 dreams it's a boy and none that's it's a girl! Hoping my dreams are just crazy bc I really want a girl! I should find out from my blood test this week sometime :)

Good luck. Hope you don't get that boy you really don't want... :|
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My girlfriend had a dream where she was hovering over herself after giving birth and holding a little girl. When it was time to find out the gender, she was told it was a boy. A month an a half later, they told her they had made a mistake and that it was a girl! Sure enough, she had a little girl.

I too have had a very vivid dream of a little girl and called her by the name that we have picked out. I really hope this is a sign and not just my great desire to have a girl running rampant through my dreams. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Me too! I really want a girl. I'm hoping its a good sign and that somehow I just know but on the other hand I could be dreaming that because I want it soooo bad. Lol.
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy I had a dream I was holding a blue blanket while talking about the baby. Sure enough at 20 weeks they told me it's a boy! I felt like I knew since the first ultrasound
  • Options
    khristennkhristenn member
    edited April 2015

So jealous @dmiller1213! I'm dying to find out!!! Good luck at your appointment! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for trying to put words in my mouth! I would love a boy until I couldn't love him anymore. I have nothing but brothers and would love to have a little girl. You have a great day!

I didn't put words in your mouth. I simply went by what you posted,

Also, how does having only brothers mean that you should want a a girl baby.

• Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    I feel so sad for the babies when someone says "I really want a boy" or "I really want a girl". What does it matter??
  • Options
    EllaStaxx said:

I feel so sad for the babies when someone says "I really want a boy" or "I really want a girl". What does it matter??

This! Can you imagine telling your son, well, I really wanted a girl. That's just awful.
  • Options
    I want a girl by I'll be happy either way...after for trying for so long I just want a baby..girl would be nice but as long as it's a happy, healthy, bubbly, bouncy baby I don't care...
  • Options
    EllaStaxx said:

Ugh, YES! This, a million times, this. So far the "Do you want a boy or a girl" question irks me way more than any others. WTF, I'm not going to answer that!!
  • Options
    My SIL had 3 or 4 dreams it was a girl but they called baby he, always thought it was a boy. The little package arrived 2 weeks ago - twas a girl. I say trust the reoccurring dreams.
  • Options
    Considering I'm having the whackiest dreams I've ever had nightly, I'm going to go out on a limb and not trust any of them. I've been having a reoccurring dream about a talking t-rex and from there I rest my case lol
  • Options
    mikijoemikijoe member
    edited April 2015

Thank you for trying to put words in my mouth! I would love a boy until I couldn't love him anymore. I have nothing but brothers and would love to have a little girl. You have a great day!

She can prefer whatever she wants. Her reasons don't have to follow your guidelines. All everybody wants is a healthy baby and if she happened to have a boy I'm sure she would love him unconditionally. Quit the negativity.
  • Options
    I've had dreams about both! I have a daughter turning 1 this week and I think it would be amazing for her to have a little sister so close in age. I can also see her with a little brother. Either way the dynamic will be awesome. My hubby says he really wants a boy but he was way too excited the other day when we talked about girl names. I think he'd love to have another little princess.
    YCSWU
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mikijoe said:

She can prefer whatever she wants. Her reasons don't have to follow your guidelines. All everybody wants is a healthy baby and if she happened to have a boy I'm sure she would love him unconditionally. Quit the negativity.

• Options

mikijoe said:

• Options
    @mikijoe I don't need to resort to name calling and you really shouldn't either.  

It's a public forum, and when you post here, you open yourself up to the opinions of others.  It's not negativity, it's honesty.  And when you say "I really want a girl" it gives the impression that you don't want a boy.  That seems very off putting to some people here, and we are entitled to our opinions.  It's not your place to tell anyone how to post.  
  • Options
    My husband wants a boy and I want a girl, but at the end of the day a healthy baby that I can carry full term and love unconditionally is all that matters. I'll be happy either way. This is our first child so we are both very excited! We should find out the gender in June so we'll see if my crazy dreams have any meaning. Lol.
  • Options
    Having 4 boys already.... I literally get asked 10 times a day if I feel like this is a girl... am I hoping for a girl... blah blah.
    I seriously just want a baby... we really don't care. Sure a girl would be a cool twist.... but I KNOW BOYs.... and all their parts... ha ha. Now that things seem to be going faster ... I am actually getting nervous about finding out... HA HA
  • Options
    In my first pregnancy I had dreams that I was having a boy. I was excited because I really wanted a boy; a little version of my husband. Then we found out we were having a girl. It took me a fraction of a second to turn it around and be super excited for a little girl. Did I have any less love for my girl because she wasn't a boy... Absolutely not. Does it make me a bad person for hoping for one gender over the other..Absolutely not. For this next baby, until we find out the gender, I'm really hoping for a boy.
  • Options
    I dreamed about the gender revealing ultrasound. My plans are to keep it a surprise until we find out with our family at a gender reveal party. In my dream I wasn't supposed to see, but I could tell it was a girl! So dreams are saying girl. The predictions in our family are split even down the middle!

When I first found out I was pregnant my heart immediately felt girl, but since then it goes back and forth! Some days I feel like girl, other days I feel it's a boy. I'd love to have a mini version of my husband and I'd love to have a little girl to dress up. We miscarried in November, so I can honestly say, I really just want a happy healthy baby! Boy or girl this baby will be loved so very much!
  • Options
    Even before I got pregnant I've always had dreams I had a baby girl. Last night I had a dream that we had a little girl, my sister has dreamed we are having a little girl. I would love to have either a boy or girl but dressing up a girl would be awesome and I know girls (I have 4 sisters only 1 brother). My husband would like a boy so he can have a baseball buddy. Either way we are both ecstatic about having a baby! But there's nothing wrong with being excited about having a certain sex. I know everyone will love their baby no matter if it's a boy or girl!
  • Options
    I had a dream I was at a doctors office and they did a mouth swab test to tell the sex. It was a digital screen and a girl picture showed up in the screen lol. We shall know in about 2.5 weeks what the sex is. Eek. Everyone keeps saying girl. The Chinese chart, which we all know is 50/50 says girl, the Ramzi thing says girl lol. I'll let you all know the outcome lol