May 2015 Moms

As we approach the last couple weeks..........

I just wanted to give words of encouragement and a short pep talk. We are all nearing the end of our pregnancies, by now we are getting that 'oh crap is it really that time already' and the 'I am not ready for this' feeling. I know I have! I just want to remind the stms and inform the ftms that labor and delivery is the most magical and scary feeling in the world! You will cry, from pain, relief, or joy it doesn't matter. You will smile, laugh, and maybe even be mean to the doctors, nurses, or loved ones. But, when the labor and delivery is over, no matter how hard, painful, scary, and long it was, it will no longer matter to you when you are holding your little baby you have been anticipating meeting for so long! My mom told me in my beginning stages of labor with my first daughter "you will forget the pain and agony as soon as you see her and hold her in your arms" it was the most true and real statement anyone has ever made to me and it will stick with me until I am in the delivery room with my daughter's giving them the same pep talk my mom gave me on the scariest day of my life. We have been waiting for this for 9 months ladies. We have shared the most intimate details with each other and seen many tragedies and triumphs along the way. I am proud to be in the May 2015 baby bump club! I wish you all a safe, happy, fast delivery. Enjoy your new life with your babies and new families! I hope everyone transitions to life with an infant fast. Good luck everyone and remember it is just as scary to dad, be patient.

Re: As we approach the last couple weeks..........

• Thanks for the encouraging words! Wishing you a healthy and safe delivery and baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • I love seeing the birth announcements of the early ones - who thankfully all seem to be doing great! But soon we will be seeing rapid fire posts of birth announcements. All the little squishes will be arriving soon and we get to celebrate them. Ahhhh, I'm getting misty!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • this was great to read! Thank you :) I think we all needed this reminder right about now. I know I did :) and as a FTM it was very encouraging to hear and I'm entering the stage of being terrified of labour
  • Amazingly true. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
  • I love seeing the birth announcements of the early ones - who thankfully all seem to be doing great! But soon we will be seeing rapid fire posts of birth announcements. All the little squishes will be arriving soon and we get to celebrate them. Ahhhh, I'm getting misty!

Me too! I just read the discussion titled Intro (again) and got all emotional. She is having a cesarean tomorrow. Twin baby girls! I hope she can get some sleep tonight she's gonna need it!
  • Beautiful and awesome post- thank you lady, I needed to read this today :)
  • Perfect :) Good luck to all you amazing ladies! We should all start to have our babies one by one within the next week or so. Can't wait to see all the baby posts!
  • Love this post....thank you!!! As a FTM this was very encouraging! We are almost there!!!
  • All the feels. Wow. Thank you for this.
  • Great post..Especially for FTMs!!
  • Thanks for this post! Made me tear up reading it because the support in this group is real and I'm so excited to be a part of it! Safe delivery to everyone! Can't wait to "meet" little ones here!
  • Thank you so much for the encouragement. I know I've been wracking my brain worrying about this and that. At first I thought, "I got this!" and now, i'm scared shitless lol. All I keep thinking of is our precious baby girl. How i'm going to give life to such a gem. 6 weeks isn't a long time, and it could happen any day now. I feel blessed, scared, anxious, happy and nervous all at the same time. My husband seems to be handling it well (for now) until the labor hits. I've apologized in advance just in case I snap a bit. I'm an emotional basket case as i'm nearing the end. I wish you all the best of luck. I wish you all the happiest moments! I'm tearing up (haha). In all honesty, I feel honored to know such great people. 
  • so wonderful to have a place where we can all be open, honest, and get answers to our questions... such a fantastic support system!  best of luck to EVERYONE!!! 
  • Great post! Thank you.
  • This just made my day!! Thank you!
  • This was really helpful and encouraging to a first time mother-to-be such as myself!
  • *hormonal tears*. Nice post. :)
  • I cried a little, thank you so much for this great and uplifiting post. I know we all need it in our final stretch!
  • Thank you so much for those uplifting words. You all have been a tremendous support and baby Ian and I thank you all so much his daddy and I are so excited and scared to become first time parents. Bless you all and I hope for safe healthy and speedy deliveries for us all
  • What a wonderful post! And all so true!! Can't wait to hear all our delivery stories!!
  • We will chalk it up to hormones, but this made me cry. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. It's been a rough few days for me and knowing there are perfect strangers out there rooting us on is a blessing we all need. Good luck and much love to you and your family
  • This made me relax after a long day at the doctor. Thank you. :)>-
  • Very. Nice! Let me go get this. Dust out my eyes. Lol but it was really a sweet. Post God bless you! For your very kind words!!!!
  • This is so encouraging! As a FTM I am starting to get really nervous for all of the unknown that comes with labor and delivery! And also the excitement to meet my baby girl! This post put everything at ease for me!
  • This was the most beautiful post I have seen on this chat! Thank you xxxx
  • Aww you are so lovely! I haven't really been feeling scared of labour but scared of how I'm going to feel the closer it gets I don't want to freak out so hopefully I get surprised and go in labour a little early but not too early that she needs extra help! I am so excited to see this little girl and everyone else's babies!! The birth announcement thread is my favourite
  • Beautiful! Even being a STM I'm still totally terrified of giving birth cause each birth experience is different. Good luck everyone and glad we all can be there for each othe.