C-sections

quick question for RCS mamas.

So my doctor has already told me we will schedule the RCS for the 39th week. My question is when do you actually pick the date with your doctor and hospital? Just curious how far in advance I will actually know. :)

Re: quick question for RCS mamas.

• The hospital scheduled mine at 36 weeks and just called me with the day and time. I had (have) no say. Kind of frustrating!
  • Depends on the hospital, but usually around 36 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had mine scheduled for a month already, so 28ish weeks. With my last child it was around the same time.
  • We scheduled ours around 30 Wks. It just depends on the hospital and their scheduling. We were able to get ours for 39 Wks exactly but not until noon. Boo
  • At our hospital we can schedule at 28 weeks. My Dr picked the date, the day I turn 39 weeks, which is a Friday.
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I scheduled mine at 32 weeks. My doctor's office has someone whose job it is to do the scheduling. She called me and asked my preference on dates/time. Then, called the hospital and coordinated with them. Then, called me back with the final info. In my experience, everyone involved was pretty flexible. I got the date i asked for and was scheduled for my preferred time as well (ended up being bumped due to an emergency).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you everyone. I'm hoping I will be able to do it earlier like some of you.
  • Next time your at the dr ask when they can schedule it. Mine was scheduled when I was only 20-something weeks bc I asked them to! Good luck
  • I literally got a call yesterday from a nurse telling me my date, which I was upset about because I never discussed it with the doctors or had time to think about it.. so I told her no I need the doctor to call me so we can talk about it and decide together (I was a bit upset because they actually chose 4/15 which is my DS1 bday.. but after talking about it a little more with my husband we decided it was ok for both to share their bdays since we feel (and hope) that in the future they would think how rare or cool it could be to share bdays without it being planned.. so I would say as long as you are making your voice heard you can someone pick your date.. as for the time the nurse let me know that we will talk more about the specific time in the pre-operation apt. which is about 10 before the C-section also mine is scheduled at 41 wks (my choice) though it seems a lot of C-sections are scheduled pretty early..

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• estefyp4 said:

I literally got a call yesterday from a nurse telling me my date, which I was upset about because I never discussed it with the doctors or had time to think about it.. so I told her no I need the doctor to call me so we can talk about it and decide together (I was a bit upset because they actually chose 4/15 which is my DS1 bday.. but after talking about it a little more with my husband we decided it was ok for both to share their bdays since we feel (and hope) that in the future they would think how rare or cool it could be to share bdays without it being planned.. so I would say as long as you are making your voice heard you can someone pick your date.. as for the time the nurse let me know that we will talk more about the specific time in the pre-operation apt. which is about 10 before the C-section also mine is scheduled at 41 wks (my choice) though it seems a lot of C-sections are scheduled pretty early..

My sister and I share a birthday. She is 7 years younger than me. I call her my best birthday present ever and we have always thought it was special and cool.
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I picked the dr, date and time of my 2nd Csection but I didn't schedule it until 38wks and it was scheduled for 40wks4days because I was hoping for a VBAC.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017