June 2015 Moms
Options

Just for fun: Terrible Product Awards

Is this legit or are all the reviews made by trolls? I seriously can't tell. Why even buy it? Am I disgusting to think you can use your fingers to apply the rash cream? Personally, I think this one deserves some sort of award for a terrible/useless product.

What other laughably bad products have you come across?

Re: Just for fun: Terrible Product Awards

• Options
    The reviews don't exactly sound fake, but yet . . . hmm. You'd have to wash the thing every time you use it; seems like you'd still be getting cream on you. It seems pretty gross and germy. And how are these people applying the cream without it that it's getting all stuck under their nails?! Use the pads of your fingers, people!
  • Options
    I came across a nasal aspirator for babies at a store with my sis in KC and I said oh this looks good! And my sister said unmmmm no you have to use your mouth to suck the snot out through the tube. I still can't believe it's a real product.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    klkonwi said:

I came across a nasal aspirator for babies at a store with my sis in KC and I said oh this looks good! And my sister said unmmmm no you have to use your mouth to suck the snot out through the tube. I still can't believe it's a real product.

Ewww :-&
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

Is this the Nose Frida? If so, my friends SWEAR by it. Yes, you use your mouth but it's just as opposed to say, using your fingers to squeeze a bulb. The tube has a filter and it gets nowhere near your mouth at all. We have it on our registry. I guess the bulbs don't let you control the force of the pressure when you are sucking stuff out of baby's nose to the Nose Frida is more gentle and controllable. It sounds gross as hell but reviewers on Amazon say it's not really what it sounds like!

Yes, my friends swear by it too, but I just can't, filter or no filter. I'd rather use my fingers with an aspirator than suck with my mouth. Yuck. It's giving me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    starrysmile18starrysmile18 member
    edited April 2015
    klkonwi said:

I have one. Nose Frieda. Used it on DS#1.

They're amazing, and get at least 50% more crap out than the normal bulbs do. Sounds gross. It's not. There's a filter, so you don't get ANYTHING in your mouth.

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At least baby can breathe better. We would do anything for our children right?
  • Options
    I saw a special spatula on Pinterest to apply diaper cream so it doesn't get all over your hands. That was odd....
  • Options
    I've seen these on Pinterest. I'm not really concerned about wasting water, so this is useless for me.
  • Options
    I forgot about this! lol. Multiple family member have sent this to me, and I'm always nice and say, "oh yeah, that would be great!" But in reality, it's hard enough to get clothes on a baby. I can't imagine trying to put it on and get your baby's head through the second hole.
  • Options
    I love hoodies and would probably use that everyday. Its silly but kinda cute.
  • Options
    The water saving thingy probably keeps the water warmer since the water is confined.
  • Options
    Ahhh!!! Thanks for the info on the nose thing...... Hmmmmm. Filter huh? FTM info problems.......
  • Options
    The kiinde twist breastfeeding system is a must! It's awesome and makes everything so much easier!
  • Options
    How about these pee pee teepee's?! I mean the product name is cute and catchy. However, you could just use a wipe or small cloth to cover the area during diaper changes. Can you imagine these staying on a squirmy baby? There's no way this would've worked on my kid.
  • Options
    I'd actually have loved a water saver! We only had huge tubs in our old home! For a quick bath it took forever to fill! We ended up throwing a cheap IKEA tub in to reduce the water!!

For me peepee teepees are pointless! Use a washcloth!
  • Options
    Nose Freida works great! DS1 hates it, but it gets a lot of snot out. It's very gratifying to be able to get him breathing through his nose after we use it.
  • Options
    mccall35mccall35 member
    edited April 2015
    The peepee tepees are soo useless. I got them at a shower for DS, used one once and it did dick all. Just fell off. They stayed in the drawer after that. Although DS wasn't a big pee-er during diaper changes anyway, so we didn't really have a need for an alternative.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've seen these on Pinterest. I'm not really concerned about wasting water, so this is useless for me.

Oh lady...
  • Options
    Okay the spatula thing is ridiculous but I love my nose Frieda and I would love that tub divider for my claw foot. I'd write more but I am off to find a huge hoody to cut a second hole in! My baby wearing stay at home husband is going to love that.