June 2015 Moms

That "This is really happening" moment.

As we all continue our journey through pregnancy and reach the "home stretch" known as the third trimester, it's probably become more visibly obvious that your expecting (not to mention the change in our energy levels, the aching, exhaustion, and constant restroom breaks). However, despite all of that, I still haven't had that moment where I was overwhelmed with excitement and some fear that my little girl will be here really soon... until today!

DH and I just got back from visiting my family in NJ (we live in California), where my mom threw a great baby shower for us. We got lots of clothes and little goodies for our girl, but today the big items that needed to be shipped starting arriving. Our nursery furniture, car seat, stroller, and other items arrived today. It suddenly hit me...I'm going to have a baby in 10 weeks. IM GOING TO BE A MOM!

So I was just wondering, when did you have that moment when it hit you that this is real and your having a baby?

Re: That "This is really happening" moment.

• I just had an appt this morning and this is the second time I've measured about a week ahead of schedule. In my previous ultrasound I was only 4-5 days, but now my uterus is getting in on the game. Not that a week is a big deal, but it hit me...I just lost a week! Baby could be here in 11weeks! Ahhhh!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yesterday -when my doctor felt to see if my son's head was down yet, she felt it and then said "yes it down, ready to go!" AHHHH it hit me... I have also been measuring a week early! so could be sometime between 7-8 weeks from now. Very exciting!  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited March 2015

I keep having reminders, like I keep forgetting or something. The majority of our nursery furniture also came today (the crib, the changer table / dresser combo) and I stood there looking at these boxes in my front hallway like, oh, snap. I have to put these together, cause I'm gonna have a baby. I also realized I lost sight of my toes the other day (I can still see them by bending a little, but I have lost them by the casual glance down) and my thought - I cant see my toes, cause I'm gonna have a baby. When my doctor switched me from coming every 4 weeks to every 2-3 weeks. Every time I log onto the Bump actual website as opposed to using my mobile, and see my ticker at the bottom of my post. I freaked out when it went below 100 days to go. Now it's below 90 days to go. Holy sheet! 

For me its just a bunch of little startlements that keep happening.

ETA - actually, the ticker is at 79 days to go, so now it's below 80. Yikes!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It hits me most when I'm laying in bed with my husband and think that it won't be the 2 of us anymore soon. And as we start to make summer plans and realize that there will now be an infant to take care of!
  • It doesn't seem real yet.... I feel her kick all day long... But it just hasn't hit me yet.
  • It doesn't seem real yet.... I feel her kick all day long... But it just hasn't hit me yet.

Same :(
  • mvargas12 said:

It doesn't seem real yet.... I feel her kick all day long... But it just hasn't hit me yet.

Same :(
    I agree! it hasn't hit me yet. I wasn't expecting to be able to carry this long (well I was told for years I couldn't) and I don't think I've let myself relax yet. With DD it hit me when I had my A/S because she didn't look like a chicken nugget in there anymore.
  • We're not finding out but one of my closest friends since 6th grade made a comment and in it she said "your daughter" and it hit me. I've always realized yes, we're having baby boy or girl, but when she said daughter it felt so different! A son or daughter...the actual title is so weird!

And baby moving alllll the time.
  • When I walk into the freshly painted nursery!
  • It doesn't really feel real to me yet either. I'm glad i'm not the only one. DH has been having dreams about baby and I still haven't had any! Starting to think something is wrong with me. I guess I just can't believe I could possibly be lucky enough to have a healthy baby in a couple of months!
  • My Daughter is 2 and I still have moments where I think "I can't believe she's mine"
    This pregnancy had been harder physically but has also gone by pretty quickly. I haven't wrapped my head around having another child that I love as much as my daughter.

All those cheesy things they say about being a parent....don't even scratch the surface.

As far as physically being prepared.....I'm so not ready. I've been washing and assembling and every step closer I have a little moment where ei lind of panic!

Can't believe it's almost time!!
  • We had one on Sunday when DH carried our car seat down to my car so we could learn how to install it from the local car seat tech at the fire station. I'm thinking there are going to be quite a few more of those moments for us over the next few months and it won't truly feel real until we bring our little girl home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it has hit me or my DH yet. Even though we painted the baby room and I feel her kick periodically during the day. Maybe after the shower it will hit home.
  • Wait...what's happening? I'm having a BABY?!?! Ahhhh crap. I gotta get myself together! ;)

In all honesty, I've done nothing but buy a crib frame, changing table, and baby book. Work has been over consuming me, but I have to start getting myself together. Otherwise, I'm not going to have "that moment" until I'm trying to push this LO out! These last 12 weeks are going to fly.
  • kbbtah said:

Wait...what's happening? I'm having a BABY?!?! Ahhhh crap. I gotta get myself together! ;)

In all honesty, I've done nothing but buy a crib frame, changing table, and baby book. Work has been over consuming me, but I have to start getting myself together. Otherwise, I'm not going to have "that moment" until I'm trying to push this LO out! These last 12 weeks are going to fly.

That's more prepping than we've done. I'll be 30 weeks on Saturday and all we have is a pink blanket I bought to tell DH the gender and some bibs my mom bought for us when we first told her we were expecting. I've always been a procrastinator, should've known having a child wouldn't change that!

• Had my moment this morning. Had my regular OB visit but had high blood pressure measured several times. She rushed me to l&d triage and I was fully admitted for monitoring. Essentially they prepared me to quite possibly have the baby today (I'm 30w 3d). Thankfully everything (my BP and baby's hr) was perfect. Seems I may have a case of "white coat syndrome" where I panic when I see the dr. But regardless, I told my husband, "guess we better pack that bag earlier rather than later just in case!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"