September 2012 Moms
Options

Does my husband not care or is it just a guy thing?

Sometimes my husband forgets to lock the cabinet under the kitchen sink (which I deem as one of the most dangerous places in the house), or forgets to lrock the front door, or when he suggests plans to eat or do something he rarely keeps my son in mind (for example, he keeps suggesting places to eat at that he knows our son won't eat at). Is this him not caring, or being careless, or is this just a guy thing? It's driving me crazy because I am constantly considering our son and I just can't figure out how he isnt.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does my husband not care or is it just a guy thing?

• Options
    I have found even with two - my husband is kind of in the "adults should come first" mind set - and I'm in the "kids should come first" mindset.

I've also found that he often doesn't think ahead about the kid impacts until he has to deal with it.  As in - we have a cabinet that he doesn't lock - I told him and told him - finally I just let her get into the cabinet when he had to deal with it (I was occupied with the baby and couldn't) and now he remembers. 

So.. IMHO I think this is more common with males
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's a dude thing. Most men I know think of themselves first, then the kids. Just different wiring. 

TBH though, if it is a constant thing, you should sit down and have a 'it bothers me because x, y, & z'. He needs to hear consequences, not just no or a huffy breath. Basically, talk to him like you owuld you toddler. =P

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml