April 2015 Moms
Options

Unreal Labor Story!

Im certainly not bragging by any means but I feel like we have such hard labor struggles sometimes a pleasant story can sometimes make it better?

My first labor was horrid 34 hour labor, lots of hall walking etc., pitocin and my epidural ran out when I was 10 cm talk about a shock to the system. I healed horribly and had bad scar tissue making intercourse hurt like hell. My second labor was a joke. The two weeks leading up to it sucked lots of false labor etc. but I went to the hospital w legit contractions (5 days past due) I couldn't speak through, got checked, got admitted at 4 cm, at 5 cm I got an epidural, broke my water, two hrs later checked me I was 9 1/2 cm (I was talking through them like it was girl talk)! Half hr later I was 10 cm ready to go and pushed him out in 15 minutes. My epidural lasted an extra 5 hrs post delivery. Minimal bleeding, minimal stitches, and feeling really good.

I hope you all have similar labors to my second!

Re: Unreal Labor Story!

• Options
    My 2nd was way better than my first as well!! First I tore so much I was getting stitches for 2hrs after birth (no epidural) I passed out multiple times when they tried to stand me up because of loss of blood. Felt completely "broken" for months lol Not to mention a long time pushing him out!
    This time I had longer labor (contractions at home) once I got admitted he was born 2hrs later and with only 3 pushes (again no epidural) got like 3 stitches and up and walking! Discharged in 24hrs! It was amazing!! Lol I'm def still sore and healing and dealing with all the afterbirth fun stuff but no where near the pain as my first...I was so happy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both mine were super easy. People look at me like I'm crazy when I say I enjoy labor and delivery. 10 and 12 hours, contractions weren't even bad either times but I got the epidural out of fear, only pushed a few times, only needed 4 stitches with my first and none with my second, and then I had a great recovery and felt normal a few days later. Hoping this third one, and probably last, is just as smooth. Idk if I could go through what some mommy's have to go through. I've heard some crazy labor stories.
  • Options
    I'm glad you had a better experience second time around! From my first contraction at home till delivery was only 7 hours and this was my first pregnancy! Even though I couldn't get an epidural in retrospect everything went so quick and i only pushed for maybe ten fifteen mins and my little guy came right out! (Downside he was 7 wks early, but still, "easy" labor!)
  • Options
    My labour was 5 hours 12 minutes, with 2 hours pushing. Had epidural, Pethadin and Gas and air, no tear no cut. I think that's a pretty normal easy labour, 4 days later I think I have an infection as I can't wee without shaking in pain :(
  • Options
    @charlie1993 I hope it all goes okay and you feel better soon!
  • Options
    My first was 3 hours start to finish. Everything happened so fast I didn't get epidural. Water broke 5am,got to hospital went from a 2 to 9 in minutes, then 3 pushes baby was out. Second was induced. Had water break and 2 hour labor, baby out with few pushes. I only hope this one is easy like those were.