Dads & Dads-to-be

Daddy ditched us, so far.

I am six weeks and three days pregnant, and it was unexpected. I was not in a very serious relationship, but things happen. When I first told the father he was surprised; needed a few days to take everything in. He did, and our next conversation was very productive and positive.

He then got confused about how they calculate the weeks of pregnancy. I was exactly five weeks when I told him, but according to him "we only saw each other three weeks ago". I broke the weeks down for him and he then said he wasn't going to take any action until we had a paternity test done. So I found a prenatal one (just using blood samples), let him know and it's been radio silence ever since. He lives in a different state, so I rely mostly on my phone to get in touch with him. No takers though. I've given him updates about my health and the progression of the pregnancy so far. Thanks to read receipt, if I send him a message I know he reads it. He has a beautiful family that I wouldn't want this baby to miss out on.

Anyone faced something similar? This has me feeling down.

Re: Daddy ditched us, so far.

• Well, the whole weeks before conception thing can be confusing, but if he's got a family already, he should already be familiar with the concept.  I cannot say that I've faced something similar, nor would I imagine most of the dads here would, as we are engaged enough to participate in a board about being a father.  All I can do is wish you the best and hope he removes his head from his ass and perhaps explore legal options to ensure child support when your baby does arrive.