August 2015 Moms
Options

Wedding ring....

my wedding ring is stuck on my big fat pregnant finger. What should I do?!?
LF&F July Siggy Challange

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Re: Wedding ring....

• Options
    Vaseline?
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cold water will shrink your finger, then like @CaliforniaDream87 said, vaseline or lotion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The people at jewelry stores use Windex when customers get rings stuck when trying them on. Not only does it help them slide off, it makes them all clean and shiny. The cold water sounds like a good trick too.
  • Options
    I've tried all the oily things. Cold water is what I have been doing (just trying to get the swelling down.) I am gonna try the windex tomorrow after my finger has rested for a night.
    LF&F July Siggy Challange

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    Maybe try having someone else pull on it?
  • Options
    windex- happened to me when I was pregnant last time and I went to the jeweler and that's what he used

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Try not eating much salt one day, that causes ur fingers to swell. U should never sleep in rings, esp when u are pregnant! I work in jewelry and so many people have to get them cut off bc of this. Good luck!
  • Options
    Stay hydrated no salt raise your hand above your heart and windex
  • Options
    So sorry. This is why I stopped wearing my rings at about 10 weeks. I was terrified it would happen.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just took my rings off today using cold water and soap. Sad to say I think that, at 21 weeks, I'm done wearing them for this pregnancy. They are cutting off circulation when my fingers swell, and taking them off and on regularly will ensure I will lose them. 

Thinking I might go to Kmart and get a cheap knock-off too (maybe a big one!!) for the remainder of the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Let us know what ends up working for you and Good Luck!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had to go out and buy a CZ set as well! They have some really pretty ones for about $10 at Claire's. My fingers will be so swollen when I wake up, be ok midday, then back to swollen by bedtime.

I used the windex trick and it worked like a charm!
  • Options
    Cold water and soap have helped me get off stuck rings. There's been a couple times I wore my rings on my pinky finger when my fingers would be swollen. Not sure if I would do it all the time though, but I like the buy a cheapo set idea that others have mentioned.
  • Options
    I also had to part ways with my wedding ring and I am heartbroken. I will go get the cheap set but I'm so worried I'm going to misplace the real diamond. Right now, believe it or not, I the set is just sitting on my bathroom counter. If I put it in a safer place I know I'm going to forget that place once I have the baby.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    MamaMcBrideMamaMcBride member
    edited April 2015
    My MIL uses Windex. I guess I'm a jewelry rebel, my set has only ever come off for cleanings and when my engagement ring slipped off in my sleep in our bed two weeks ago in the last four years (I think it needs to be sized down). Had no idea that was some huge issue :/

• Options
    Just searched this today because my ring had to come off! I decided to leave it on until after maternity pics last night. BAD IDEA. Probably should have taken it off like 2 months ago, especially living in South Carolina with hot, humid summers.

Anyway, my ring was stuck and this is what worked for me. I put my hand in a bowl of ice water and then raised my hand over my head. (This was not comfortable but I could see swelling going down almost immediately.) I repeated this several times - hand in bowl, hand over head for several seconds or up to a minute. Then, I used lotion and spun it off (I read not to pull) and it finally came off! Now it is staying off for a while!
  • Options
    Windex works miracles. My husband got his ring stuck last year so we went to the jewellery store to see if they had anything that could help. The lady whipped out a bottle of windex and it slid off no problem.
  • Options

My MIL uses Windex. I guess I'm a jewelry rebel, my set has only ever come off for cleanings and when my engagement ring slipped off in my sleep in our bed two weeks ago in the last four years (I think it needs to be sized down). Had no idea that was some huge issue :/

I take my rings off nightly, not because I enjoy doing so, but I don't enjoy snagging my 3/4 carat solitaire on my bed sheets or embroidery on my quilt, which kept happening when I wore them after we married. I also scratched my husband and myself in my sleep with it so it's easier for me to take them off at night. Some people don't like to, and I don't either, but I dang sure didn't want to keep scratching myself, and snagging my quilt lol.
  • Options
    remember to spin it while trying to get it off. Do not just pull/tug! And coat your finger with veggie oil/olive oil/.
  • Options
    *two months later*
    Nowadays I just wear the band (minus the engagement ring) for a few hours if we go somewhere. Around the house and at night I don't wear it. It helps.
  • Options
    For those who've had to stop wearing them, can you wear them on a necklace instead of in your hand? So you still have them on and close to your heart. Friends of mine have done this and it looks nice and for those who attract creepers when pregnant (which is interesting), it's still obvious you're married!
  • Options
    If all else fails just go up to a jewler...they have to do this sometimes from people trying on rings. I think the majority do the windex thing, but they can give it a try if you cant get anything to work.
  • Options
    I had to stop wearing my engagement ring at about 15 weeks. I lasted with my wedding band until I was about 22 weeks. My fingers were so tiny that my rings are size 3.25! I am probably a size 5 now on thag finger with all the heat and texas humidity. I like the idea of using a stand in. I should do that for our maternity pictures! Good luck getting yours off! I've used wonder and the dental floss trick before for my brother!
  • Options

For those who've had to stop wearing them, can you wear them on a necklace instead of in your hand? So you still have them on and close to your heart. Friends of mine have done this and it looks nice and for those who attract creepers when pregnant (which is interesting), it's still obvious you're married!

I did that for awhile, but I got paranoid "what if my chain broke?" Situations . My wedding set was nearly $3k and is at a carat tw with the chips on my wedding band, so the thought of my chain breaking and my absent mindedness during pregnancy... Not worth risking it. I kept my box from Gelzberg and I kept them in there til after delivery.. Just a heads up. Don't bring them to the hospital either.. They won't fit for a week or two after birth either lol.

I'm currently at 30 weeks and still able to wear mine, tho with the Florida summer sneaking upon us, it won't be long before I can't get mine off due to the swelling. I'm starting to spy out a "Stand in" to wear for the remainder . I want something cute :)
  • Options
    Try coconut oil!! That's what my mom always used!

Thankfully, my hands have not started to swell. I wear my ring and band all the time, even at night. I have panic attacks if they are not on my finger due to value X_X .. They go in a safe deposit box IF they aren't being worn for any reason. I refuse to let them out of my sight!! Praying my hands don't swell!!