Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby's Father Clueless

Really upset. I'm breastfeeding. Dad now sleeps on the couch. He doesn't understand I am lucky to get an hour of sleep before I'm up for hours all night. Can't get a nap during the day. He complained about having to do everything. I feed our dogs twice a day, give diabetic dog shots twice a day, take them potty because we don't have a fenced yard. That's in addition to taking care of a newborn premie, trying to get a handle on breastfeeding which has been very difficult (I don't know anyone who has done it), and having mastitis. He doesn't want his much older kids that are here on the weekend doing any work either. He says he didn't want his lifestyle to change. He still has to teach taekwondo 4 nights a week, play world of Warcraft and video games on his phone, but I have to do all of this and keep his clothes washed and the house clean when I can barely stay awake. What a dick.

Re: Baby's Father Clueless

• Options
    He sounds like a giant man child. The ONLY thing you should doing is taking care of your new LO. His ass should be taking care of everything else. Lifestyles change when you have a kid literally everyone (except him apparently) knows that. Tell him to grow up and help you honey you certainly need it. I'm really sorry you have to deal with his crap :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If he didn't want his lifestyle to change, why did you have a kid with him? 

Word.
  • Options
    He sounds like a huge douche, I agree.

So what do you intend on doing about it? Either he agrees to change things, or you accept him as is, or you can leave him. I certainly wouldn't put up with someone so inconsiderate (and I'm sure this isn't a new thing with him even before the baby came).
  • Options
    You HAVE to keep his clothes clean? Really? Just tell him you didn't want your lifestyle to change either, so you'll only be looking after one child, as per usual, and he didn't get picked.

Honestly though, he is being a huge douche, and you need to make a call about what you're willing to put up with.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    Should've thought about his lifestyle changing before he had sex.
  • Options
    Sorry for what you're dealing with. Just reading this made me upset!!! So what do you plan on doing?
    I would make a list of all the things that need to be done daily and weekly. I would then mark off the duties that I felt like were my responsibly, then chores I feel like I can handle, and lastly chores that I would have to do (like take the dogs out assuming he isn't home and dogs need to go out). I would then tell him it is up to him to pick up the slack on all the chores that I can not handle.

Babies are life changers!!! He should have known that since he already had kids!!! If he didn't want anymore responsibilities then he should have been more responsible when having sex! Tight didn't make this baby alone and there is NO reason you should carry the burden alone.

I would stop doing his laundry and even cooking his meals if I were you. It's not fair for him to put this kind of stress on you and I'm sorry I didn't have any better suggestions. I would not be able to deal with such a man-child, I would have probably kicked him out because it seems like he only creates stress and more work for you!
  • Options
    Infant trumps man child. He needs to grow up and get over it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You HAVE to keep his clothes clean? Really? Just tell him you didn't want your lifestyle to change either, so you'll only be looking after one child, as per usual, and he didn't get picked.

Honestly though, he is being a huge douche, and you need to make a call about what you're willing to put up with.