I'm 17 and pregnant.....

Re: I'm 17 and pregnant.....

• Options
    I have no idea what I should do.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^ what she said.
  • Options

You also need to sit down and think of your options. You have 3. 1) Continue with pregnancy and find an adoptive family for the child. 2) do not continue your pregnancy (meaning an abortion ) or 3) continue the pregnancy and raise the child yourself.
    no one can answer those for you. Your family and friends can help with you and support but at the end of the end, it is your decision.
    Good luck.

Good points, I forgot to mention choices.
  • Options
    i was pregnant at 17, my daughter is now 11 years old! i was a single mom for a lot of it but i wouldnt trade a day of it for anything! my parents were "disappointed" in my actions when i first told them but after the shock wore off they were my biggest supporters! keep your head up because there are PLENTY of success stories of "teen moms"
  • Options
    really?
  • Options
    It won't be an easy thing, but you can do it :) lots of people have become excellent parents at young ages. If you want to keep your baby, then go for it! But be sure to turn to your parents and find a doctor sooner, rather than later.

Good luck in whatever you choose!
  • Options
    Yes. Get it out of the way. Talk to your parents. I also got pregnant very young and of course your parents won't be thrilled at first but give it time. If you haven't finish high school then do so don't let this get in your way you can finish and be successful. Find ways that will make it easier for you maybe online classes. And please if you choose to go through with it then go to an OB and start eating healthy and taking your vitamins. I really hope everything goes well and make good choices in your life. It's not only you now, you will have a little one to think about.
  • Options
    good for you and congratulations! if you at all believe in God, remind yourself that He would never give you more than you can handle!
  • Options
    GiaGee17 said:

I told Mom and Dad. They were mad..... but they understood. Mom took me to the family OBGYN for a ultrasound. I told BF, and everything's a-ok!

Good going! You're absolutely taking the right steps. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    GiaGee17 said:

I told Mom and Dad. They were mad..... but they understood. Mom took me to the family OBGYN for a ultrasound. I told BF, and everything's a-ok!

Good for you for stepping up and taking responsibility. I have seen a lot of post on here from young women who are pretty far along that haven't told anyone or received any prenatal care. And that's scary for mom and baby. 
    But you have taken the first step and whatever you choose, we are here for support, encouragement and any help we can offer. 
    Best of luck to you!
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Options
    GiaGee17 said:

I think, I'm gonna raise my baby!

Best of luck with your soon to be little one.
  • Options
    Great! You can do it!!! :)
  • Options
    Wait, I meant I can do it. Lol
  • Options
    I feel so sick....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • Options
    GiaGee17 said:

I think, I'm gonna raise my baby!

@GiaGee17 I am late on this post but I am delighted to read that you are going to keep it. Your parents will soon get over the madness. I understand I was there in the same boat. A funny secret my parents told me the biggest reason they were mad was because they were too young to be grandparents. :) I thought that was funny when my dad told me that. But they will soon get over it and be joyful with you. A job can wait yes you need to figure out a way to support your child, but honey take it from me I decided to focus on working at a fast food place while I was pregnant instead of focusing on school and I like to never finished. It was very hard to while I was up all night with her with no babysitter while I attended and very expensive because I had to do home school. But I did it, it was done half way and not to the best of my ability and now I am struggling to find a better job because I goofed off and didn't get good grades in high school and now college is almost 2x than what it would have been if I had taken the time to do it right. So just remember high school is your job for now. And congratulations, I feel you will definitely do what it takes for your little one and it won't be easy but you will have our support from the bump and your family and friends!!
  • Options
    I was 19 when I had my son. It was very hard and forced me to grow up very fast. I missed out on a lot of my life that I will never get back. I didnt even get to go back to college until I was 29. There are a lot of great and wonderful families who will adopt and still allow you to maintain a relationship with the baby. Talk to your parents or an adult you trust.
  • Options
    I was 17 with my first 18 with my second 21 with my 3rd and will be 22 with my 4th. I've been married since I was 16. And children are definitely a,blessing from God. And I have one Angel baby.
  • Options
    I had my son at 17, and he's the best thing to happen to me. But if I were to give you any advice it's to stay in school and go to college. I had to drop out of college to get a second job after my son's father passed, and I really wish I had swallowed my pride and allow my family to help support us until I graduated because I'd have a great career now instead of working shitty jobs for equally shitty hours for minimum wage. A college education goes much further than a high school diploma.
  • Options
    I know I am very late to this post! But I am happy your keeping your baby! Do not listen to these ladies to ever have a abortion! It's a SIN! Your killing someone by doing that! All the woman that agree with that are so stupid! How could they tell you to do that? Just because your young doesn't mean to have a abortion! Congrats on your baby! You will be fine!!! Just stay in school and go to college! Also let your family help because your going to need it!
  • Options
    RRC216RRC216 member
    edited April 2015
    glad to hear your keeping your baby! Best of luck to you!!!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Options
    Tiff1st said:

I know I am very late to this post! But I am happy your keeping your baby! Do not listen to these ladies to ever have a abortion! It's a SIN! Your killing someone by doing that! All the woman that agree with that are so stupid! How could they tell you to do that? Just because your young doesn't mean to have a abortion! Congrats on your baby! You will be fine!!! Just stay in school and go to college! Also let your family help because your going to need it!

Oy. Judging others is a sin, too. You can quit with that nonsense right this second.

Fair warning sistafriend- I don't care if you're Momma Duggar herself; your preachy tone won't make you any friends on these boards.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Options
    although it might seem like it is the end of the world for you..let me tell you it is not! I had my first child at the age of 14 a couple days after we got out of school for freshmen year and she is almost 3 now and im done with school in a month :) with the help of my parents, teachers, family members i have been able to continue with my education although i had to quit sports. i am now almost 18 and expecting my second child i live on my own go to school full-time work in a presschool and i am earning my Child Developmental Credential (CDA) in early childhood education. Keep your chin up you can do it!
  • Options
    im 15 and pregnant. i got pregnant when i was 14. i was terrified about the thought of me having to tell people, but i did and have nothing but support. so glad at hear you're keeping the baby(: good luck!
  • Options
    Tiff1st said:

No one should tell OP to get an abortion but you sure as hell shouldn't be telling her not to get one either. It's her choice and if she's decided to keep it, good for her. I guarantee you sin on a daily basis and sins are equal in the eyes of God. So take your preachy nonsense elsewhere.