LGBT Parenting

Private/secret FB group?

CageyMackCageyMack member
edited February 2015 in LGBT Parenting
Hi all.

I'm really sad about the disintegration of our board.  I know that people come and people go, but I am a little bit in mourning over the passing of the community of people I became familiar with over the last 3-ish years.  

I don't like the other board's format, but I'll keep lurking there.  I see little or no activity there or here and I admit that I like to log on and see 5 or 8 new threads; I like activity.  

Many of us are not into FB posting, and I get that.  If, however, there is a FB board, could someone message me?  There are many babies and families that I would like to both support and be supported by.  I dunno, just stay in a little contact with.  I really like knowing the day-to-day lives of some other LGBT folks and their kids.

If there is not one, PM me and maybe we can start an off-bump convo on how to start one.  

Thanks a ton,
Cagey to the Macks

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Private/secret FB group?

• Can you share with me where the new board is?

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• kristi&p, you have a message
  • Loading the player...
  • FB is much easier for me to visit daily. If there is a group, I would love to be a part of it.  There are not really any LGBT families here and we would love to be a part of a community (even if it is only online)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"