Health & Exercise
Options

Gain Healthy Weight

satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
edited March 2015 in Health & Exercise
I have always had a fast metabolism and can literally eat anything I want. I also have been very fit and athletic because of my 20 years of doing sports. I am usually around 118-120 lbs and bounce around between those 3 numbers. I weighed myself the other day and was 122lbs, my good weight is 125lbs. I look good at 125lbs, I am heavier on the bottom from sports and very petite waist up. I have never had to worry about weight but this year my husband and I will TTC. Can anybody offer any suggestions of what are the best type of foods to eat to gain weight in a healthy way? Or the best ways to keep a good weight? 125lbs is my perfect weight, I would like to be at least 120lbs so my BMI is not too low and I cannot conceive because I don't have enough fat or something.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gain Healthy Weight

• Options
    You should talk to your OB and perhaps a nutritionist, since they will be better able to counsel you on how much weight (if any) you need to gain. Generally speaking, nutritionally dense foods are a good way to put on healthy weight. Avocado, full fat cheeses, full fat Greek yogurt, nut butters. Pair these with whole grain carbs as extra snacks in between meals.