TTC after 35
Options

tww for 3/30

I'm on mobile so let's see how this goes.

This is a TWW post for anyone who is in or soon will be entering the TWW.

Where are you in the TWW? When will you test? Any phantom symptoms?

Qotw: what is your favorite breakfast?
TTC #1
me- 37, DH- 38
Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

Re: tww for 3/30

• Options
    Lol. I suppose I'm in my 2ww since I get my period every 2 weeks now.
    It's like the movie Groundhog Day. I'm in a perpetual 2ww.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I know what you're saying hooligans! After my first two D and Cs I was stuck in a holding pattern getting af every two weeks, it was awful! Thankfully that didn't happen this time. I'm sorry and I hope you get some good answers!

I really should be going into the 2ww but I still haven't had a temp shift. So it looks like my body was gearing up for it and then said ef it. My hopes are gone that we may have had good timing and now I'm wondering if I will even O this cycle. I am defeated.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kindershlitzkindershlitz member
    edited March 2015
    Count me in in a couple days. My random early +opk was just that. I got another + today which is 'normal' timing. Not temping this month but our bd schedule should have the entire cycle covered. Edit to add- I know 'bd schedule' lame. Lol
  • Options
    If I go by the dashed cross hairs on my chart, then I'm 3dpo and in my first TWW. But, no +opks yet and and I've been testing 2x a day, so who knows. :)

Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • Options
    luvbug378luvbug378 member
    edited March 2015
    Looks like today is O day so I'll test when FF app tells me to LOL. I know that I had said DH and I had been trying for 4 years but I now realize that we were NTNP. I never thought about my cycles, CM, temps and OPKs. I feel like we have finally opened our eyes. Reading this board has been enlightening and I'm so glad that you all are open to sharing your stories and information. Sorry this is a long winded post just wanted to share.

Favorite breakfast is sourdough toast with over medium eggs.
  • Options
    Stevie1930Stevie1930 member
    edited April 2015
    I am 16dpo. Trying to resist the temptation to test until at least tomorrow! I think I O'd based on the opk tests and the temp shift. My lp has been 16 for the past 2 months or so (when I started to actually count).

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. The wonderful thing that would make this perfect is that it is our 1st year wedding anniversary this weekend! Argh...how do you all resist testing? And I kinda want to surprise him with the news even though we've also discussed just finding out together.

Not sure about phantom symptoms, but I do have some very random cramps. My temp is still high with no dips yet when previous months I saw a dip in temp by Day 15.

Favorite breakfast: Eggs benedict
  • Options

I am 16dpo. Trying to resist the temptation to test until at least tomorrow! I think I O'd based on the opk tests and the temp shift. My lp has been 16 for the past 2 months or so (when I started to actually count).

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. The wonderful thing that would make this perfect is that it is our 1st year wedding anniversary this weekend! Argh...how do you all resist testing? And I kinda want to surprise him with the news even though we've also discussed just finding out together.

Not sure about phantom symptoms, but I do have some very random cramps. My temp is still high with no dips yet when previous months I saw a dip in temp by Day 15.

Favorite breakfast: Eggs benedict

Oooohhh fingers crossed! 

I'm waiting to O, so don't mind me :D
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Stevie1930 - Fingers crossed for you!! Can't wait to hear the result. (I'm just waiting to O too)
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    @BulgariHeart and @jilligan14 - Thanks! Trying to not get my hopes up yet. Feeling crampy on and off since yesterday so a little worried this is just AF again. 

I'm still debating taking a test sometime tomorrow or waiting an extra 2 days (elusive 18dpo)...Knowing me, I will probably test tomorrow.  Trying to figure out how to hide it from DH. In this case, I hope he forgives me if I decide to surprise him instead of finding out together.
  • Options
    Good luck @Stevie1930!!!  Keep us posted!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    gfgrumpgfgrump member
    edited April 2015
    gl @stevie1930!  Fingers crossed.

I believe I am finally in the TWW. It's weird, i had a pos OPK on cd 13 and all the CM was lining up and then no temp shift. So that was really strange. However, I was bad about temping this month, so I'm wondering if the chart would look pretty different with all the data. 
    Then it finally jumped way up on 18. So who knows. If it's 18 then our timing is pretty off bc I was away.  So not very hopeful about this month.

Favorite breakfast:  well, I looooove breakfast, which is why I chose this question. So either waffles, pancakes, or huevos rancheros. Sadly, on a  daily basis I eat oatmeal bc of it's ease and portability.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• Options
    I think I'm finally in the TWW. I haven't had a jump as big as I've recorded in the past but based on all the signs and the fact that it's finally going higher I'm pretty sure I'm either 1 or 2 dpo. The past couple days I've had a lot of breast discomfort. A couple days ago when I suspected I might O that day I was an emotional abyss. I felt like someone put my hormones on a really bad acid trip. (Not that I know personally what that's like.) I feel calm and sane now. Hallelujah. I just want to get through the next two weeks without obsessing over anything. I want to enjoy time with my family and get out in the nice weather and just relax without that constant underlying stress. Hopefully at the end of this cycle I can accept the outcome and move on. If it doesn't happen I want to find peace, no more rollercoaster.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Did you test @Stevie1930 ?

@Guennie hoping for the best for you. We are cycle buddies. I O'd Wednesday.
  • Options

Did you test @Stevie1930 ?

@Guennie hoping for the best for you. We are cycle buddies. I O'd Wednesday.

Woo hoo! We can keep each other in line. :)
  • Options
    So bummed. AF arrived this morning in full force. And, if the dashed crosshairs are to be believed, I'm only 8dpo. I know there are plenty of reasons not to worry yet:
    1. Only 5 months since stopped BCPs
    2. 1st month charting
    3. FF only gave me dashed crosshairs

But damn if this didn't ruin my Saturday. I wasn't expecting a BFP in this first month TTC, but was at least hoping to see a normal cycle. Sigh.
    Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • Options

So bummed. AF arrived this morning in full force. And, if the dashed crosshairs are to be believed, I'm only 8dpo. I know there are plenty of reasons not to worry yet:
    1. Only 5 months since stopped BCPs
    2. 1st month charting
    3. FF only gave me dashed crosshairs

But damn if this didn't ruin my Saturday. I wasn't expecting a BFP in this first month TTC, but was at least hoping to see a normal cycle. Sigh.

I'm sorry, I know it can be frustrating and disheartening. What CD were you? (How long was your cycle?)
  • Options
    sorry @jennymack79.  boo to af.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• Options
    Sorry @jennymack79.  That sucks.  I can't remember, are you doing OPKs and temping?  If not, doing both may help you better pinpoint your ovulation day and NOT have dashed crosshairs.  My 6th cycle off BCPs when I was trying for my first was 56 or 57 days out of the blue.  I was charting, so I knew I ovulated on day 44 or something crazy like that.  But, I think within that first 6 months off BCPs, anything can happen.  If you're consistently getting 8 day LPs, you should see a doctor though.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thanks for the sentiments, ladies. I'm choosing to believe this is just me out of whack from BCPs or charting wrong or something... For now.

Today would've been CD21, so my cycle this month was 20 days long, and FF had a dashed crosshairs at CD13.

I was OPK'ing once or twice a day from CD9 to CD17 but never got a +. The -OPKs are why FF gave me the dashed crosshairs I think, because I had a very clear temp rise starting CD13.
    Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • Options
    @jennymack79 - how frustrating! My cycle often does crazy things (because I have PCOS) so I feel your pain. Hopefully this is just your body getting back in sync and that things will be more predictable in the coming cycles. I found it was hard getting the hang of temping in the beginning so it might be that as well. 

On another note, I think I *might* have ovulated yesterday! Not 100% sure so don't want to get my hopes up but I had a +OPK on Thursday and then EWCM on Friday and this morning had a significant temp shift. I'm supposed to start progesterone (crinone) suppositories the day after O so I started them this morning and really hope the O was for real since this progesterone is pretty expensive. Will see how temp goes the next few days. If it drops down for at least two days, I'm going to stop the progesterone to save for a future cycle. It's a little bit stressful but I'm also a little bit hopeful. What a rollercoaster!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
  • Options

@BulgariHeart, @jilligan14, @emsmama15, @dwmmwd and @kindershlitz - Sorry if I forgot anyone!

Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement! I ended up testing on 18 dpo just to be absolutely positive in the result. Since I am unsure if I should be posting in this thread since technically I'm beyond the TWW, I just wanted to let you know that I will start a new post about the result.