September 2014 Moms

Meats???

volleygirl029volleygirl029 member
edited March 2015 in September 2014 Moms
i just left my 6 mo check up and my Ped said DS is ready for 3 - 2 serving meals a day and I can start introducing meats. Just curious if anyone has done so yet and if so, do you have any tips/recipes for doing so?

Re: Meats???

• My lo tried the stage 1 beechnut turkey...he hated it, spit it out at first, still tried to eat more and actually threw it up...so we're going to hold off on meats for a bit longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
  • seamonkey0814seamonkey0814 member
    edited April 2015
    I use my slow cooker a lot now and shred the meat. We also eat a lot of vegetarian meals and I often take the beans and mix with an egg yolk and fry into little patties for LO so he doesn't have to try to pick up individual beans. We are BLW.
  • Loading the player...
  • amy006 said:

My lo tried the stage 1 beechnut turkey...he hated it, spit it out at first, still tried to eat more and actually threw it up...so we're going to hold off on meats for a bit longer.

The SAME exact thing happened. He tried the turkey and stuck out his tongue, spitting it out. Had one more bite and threw up. I will be waiting a while I guess until we try meat again!
  • We give our little guy the beechnut chicken veggie dinner and he eats it with no issues. I think the plain meats are a little too much but the foods with meats mixed in seem to go over just fine.
  • I have been making my own baby food and have found most of my recipes @ www.annabelkarmel.com she has great and tasty recipes, and my DS loves them. Go to the food or recipes section and there you can filter to the age and more specifics. Its a great site. Good luck.
  • Our DS just tried chicken and rice and spit it out and wouldn't eat it. I'm thinking about starting to cook his food rather than just buying jars - especially meat. Going by the way that stuff smells, I probably wouldn't eat it either, lol. :p

• My baby started solid in small amount at 4 months for fun. He is now 6 months and I've been giving him chicken and beef, which he likes. I was told by maternal health nurse that as long as the baby is still breastfed, low chances to develop food allergy. The gastrointestinal system start to mature around 6 months too. I was even told to start giving eggs, and I did. Every baby is different, every mother is different. Do what you feel comfortable and have a common sense and you'll be right.
  • LO hated turkey but we kept trying and he LOVES ham and is good with chicken too. It's just mom that can't stand the smell/look. Oh and the spit up? Makes me miss pre solids days
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Ha, I fed my LO beechnut turkey the other day and she hated it too.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son likes when I have it puréed with other vegetables - sweet potatoes and pork, corn and duck, butternut squash and lamb. Don't think I'm some gourmet cook with these meals, my mom brought these baby foods over from her trip to France. The point is that maybe you could mix the turkey with another beechnut vegetable jar (spinach, zucchini, and peas maybe?). I'm about to try this since my LO wasn't a fan of the beechnut chicken but has no problems with the aforementioned meats offered AND he loves all the beechnut veges.

(By the way I've attached a picture of one the baby foods I'm talking about - turnips and salmon?! French people. Haha)