December 2014 Moms

Getting pregnant after a c-section

Hey all. I had my first child December 2014 via c-section.
I'm curious to know if anyone has fallen pregnant not long after a cesarean. My partner and I would love to have another baby however I've heard you should wait a year before trying?

I'm just a bit concerned as my doctor has taken me off any sort of birth control due to complications and we can only use a condom. I first got pregnant because the condom broke..

What can happen if I fell pregnant ? It's been 4 months since the cesarean and had no problems with the healing etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Getting pregnant after a c-section

• Uterine rupture
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pjswifepjswife member
    edited April 2015
    Obviously plenty of people have healthy pregnancies after a c section but 4 months seems awfully soon-that said, if you were to get pregnant right now it would be awhile before your uterus really started stretching. I do know someone personally who had two c section babies 18 months apart and was fine. The idea of having babies so close together honestly doesn't sound good for your entire physical health though, not just your c section scar! Are you breastfeeding? You gotta let your body heal.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Don't do it lol my girls are 12 months apart and I'm ready to pull my hair out! Don't get me wrong, I love them to death and wouldn't change it for the world , but be warned that its so hard having them close together when they are little.
  • My girls are 14 months apart. It is really hard. I didn't have a c-sections but being pregnant and/or nurseing for the last two years has been really rough.

BFP1- 2/21/2013- L was born 10/25/2013!
    BFP2- 4/18/2014- F was born 12/29/2014! 

• I got pregnant with my second 4 months after a csection and had no issues.  That being said, everybody is different.  My age contributed to my desire to get pregnant right away.  Granted, it was more painful (the actual uterus stretching, etc.) the second time around but they suspected it was due to having 2 csections in 13 months.  I will agree with pp that having 2 so close together is VERY challenging sometimes, especially at the end of your pregnancy.  My son couldn't even walk when my daughter was born.  They're now 3 and 2 and are absolute BFFs.