September 2015 Moms
Options

"Gained 5 lbs" ... Yeah, right!

I've gained over 20 lbs, and I'm just 15 weeks! Please PLEASE tell me I'm not alone!

Re: "Gained 5 lbs" ... Yeah, right!

• Options
    Just remember everyone's bodies are different!! I'm sure you look gorgeous!!

33 years old, Married Oct '11,

Summer '14: Diagosed with hypothryoidism, pollup, LPD, Low AMH, strong FSH.

BFP: 1/22/15. EDD: 9/23/14. Rainbow baby!

• Options
    I myself havent, but I just wanted to say that my girlfriend has gained 76 pounds and she's 28 weeks. Honestly, she looks awesome! She's been really self conscious about it but she looks beautiful. You're definitely not the only one and I know it's easier said than done, but try to remember that people look at you and are thinking you are glowing and beautiful- they're not wondering how much weight you've gained! Don't worry momma ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lost my legs -_- my sexy!!! Thick legs haha

And gained it in my arms !!!!!
    I feel like I look like a lollipop big on the top and skinny legs like a stick :(
  • Options
    I am not weighing myself! Yes, I may be in denial!!!
  • Options
    I weighted myself today. 150! I'm barely 20 weeks.
  • Options
    I've gained 12 at 15 weeks, but gained 5 right before pregnancy so I'm pretty much there.
  • Options
    I've gained 13, and I haven't weighed in two weeks (I'm 15 weeks). I'm pretty sure I've packed on a couple lbs since. You are not alone! :)
  • Options
    My doctor said I only gained about a pound and I'm 16 w today (130lbs Pre pregnancy. healthy weight for 5'5-5'6) and I now weigh 132 but I feel like I've gained so much more!?? My thighs used to be so skinny and now I'm getting a huge butt and filling out on my hips/thighs and I'm losing my waist line I don't see how I've only gained 1-2 pounds it looks like I've gained 10 lol
    Hearing that I should weigh around 160 full term scares me haha but I know it's all for a good reason :)
  • Options
    17lbs here 16 weeks. You are not alone!
  • Options
    20 here :(
  • Options

You know, I haven't physically gained per the scale, but SERIOUSLY even underwear is starting to not fit. I am stretching, expanding, thickening, fattening, buttering, just plain getting bigger!

I look like an Oompa Loompa right now! Short little body with thick (not that sexy sexy) thighs!! :((

To clarify, I LOOK like I've gained waaaay more than my scale says.

I hear that! I was at work the other day and my bra straps just gave out. Makes for a long work day!
  • Options
    Im 17 weeks 3 days and havent gained anything :-) everyone and every pregnancy is different. With my first I gained 80 and lost 50. My second gained 50 and lost 60..
  • Options
    shaunnar053shaunnar053 member
    edited April 2015
    My friend lost like 10lbs in her first trimester.. And by the time she had her baby she'd gained 50lbs from her pre pregnancy weight. Some women gain early, then slow the gain later, some women have a slow gain in the beginning, then gain a lot late in pregnancy. We'll all probably gain around the same amount when it's all said and done. But keep in mind we'll all most likely loose it once baby is born also. So try not to stress ladies :) .
  • Options
    I was super tiny when I got pregnant, like too tiny. I was 112 and now I'm 18w2d at 142lbs. Im cutting myself a little slack since my healthy weight is 120. And I've stayed the same weight for the past few weeks so I hope the rest of the weight I gain is all belly! I'm just never full, no matter what I eat. :/
  • Options

You know, I haven't physically gained per the scale, but SERIOUSLY even underwear is starting to not fit. I am stretching, expanding, thickening, fattening, buttering, just plain getting bigger!

I look like an Oompa Loompa right now! Short little body with thick (not that sexy sexy) thighs!! :((

To clarify, I LOOK like I've gained waaaay more than my scale says.

YES!

I've only put on about 5 lbs by the scale, but NOTHING fits. I have new bras, underwear, already wearing maternity pants and tops because nothing feels right.

Bleh.
  • Options
    I haven't gained any weigh due to me being so sick in the first trimester. But some how I've managed to get stretch marks.
  • Options
    Last time I checked I was up about 15 lbs...and that was two or three weeks ago.
  • Options
    I'm 17 wks and gained about 7 lbs so it is possible. I'm really short so I feel like I look like I've gained a lot more than I actually have. One of my friends who is pregnant actually lost weight during her first trimester due to all the morning sickness. As long as the doctor says you and the baby are healthy I don't think the amount of weight gain matters too much. Don't be too hard on yourself.
  • Options
    I'm 16+1. I've gained 5lbs so far. It's all boobs and some bump at the moment. Looking like a lollipop
  • Options
    14+6 and 9lbs so far. I started off at an overweight bmi (29), so I'd like to keep the weight gain somewhat on the lower side, but I'm not sure if that will be possible...
  • Options
    I'm right there with you, be easy on yourself, it's an adjustment.....but you're growing a miracle inside you. If your doctor tells you that you're doing good, I wouldn't worry. I feel like we put way too much pressure on ourselves about weight during this time. Love your body and all that it's doing right now. I am sure you look amazing....how could you not?! :-* Keep trying to eat healthy and get some walking/exercise in when you can because it's beneficial to you and baby and relax

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I gained like 53 lbs with my first. No lie. The majority ended up being water weight, especially at the end of the pregnancy. This time, I was sick the entire first tri and actually lost weight. As of my last appt at 18 wks, I've only gained a pound. Just one. I know I'll catch up but it stresses me out sometimes that I'm not gaining enough. I'm not overweight, I'm not underweight. I've got a really good BMI. As long as the doc says you're good, I wouldn't stress it. I don't feel like I've only gained one pound as I'm in maternity everything already. I'm sure the water weight will pile on at the end again.
  • Options
    I've actually lost a couple but I look enormous!! I gained 10-15 pounds from my comfortable weight (stupid thyroid) right before pregnancy though so I'm hopeful my body is like "so we already have the fat stores... Check"
  • Options
    adtaylor2015adtaylor2015 member
    edited April 2015
    I'm 16+ 3. I initially lost a pound then gained it back. According to my scales, I'm up 1 pound but I go back to the doctor Wednesday so we will see. I was considered overweight prior to pregnancy, my BMI was 27, so I'm hoping to only gain the recommended 15-25 pounds. I gained 30 with my son and lost it all within a month but I'm 5 years older now so it probably won't be so easy this time around, lol.