1st Trimester

subchronic hemorrage. trying not to cry.

I'm 7 weeks and 3 days. Last night I went to the er because I was in pain. They did a ultra sound the baby is perfect... But they found a small dattachment of the placenta from the wall its 15x 5x13mm which I have no idea how big that is. The doctor and the ultra sound tech didn't sound worried. Then the Rn came in and told me I'm at risk for a miscarriage and made it sound so much worse then what the doctor had said. I'm on bed rest& pelvic rest. I heard it heals and people have healthy babies. Has anyone else gone through this. Please someone give me peace of mind.

Re: subchronic hemorrage. trying not to cry.

• I personally haven't heard anything like this, but for what it's worth, try to stay positive and try not to stress! I'll be sending good thoughts your way :)

imageimage

O'15 September Siggy Challenge -- Third Trimester Woes
  • Best wishes to you and your LO for H&H 9 months!
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I went through this with my daughter and it actually got bigger at first. It was still there at my later scans. I was told to take it easy and was on pelvic rest for a long time but I was told bed rest was not needed. Doctors seem to be split on whether it helps. In spite of it growing and not going away for a long time my pregnancy was fine.

Is is not incredibly common but it is not incredibly uncommon. Most people I have come across who have had one also had positive outcomes as well. It does put your risk of miscarriage higher but not by much. There are the cases that don't turn out so well but I would try not to look at those. It can be hard but stay positive.
  • It's actually fairly common. I wouldn't worry about it too much. MOST women have perfectly healthy pregnancies and the SCH resolves itself.
  • I have one as well.  I searched a lot of different message boards forums on this site and others.   I read tons posts of positive outcomes.  I noticed the posts with positive outcomes greatly outnumbered the posts of negative outcomes.  I use that as my hope.  My doctor put me on pelvic rest and told me bed rest doesn't help,  but like a poster above said, it seems that doctors are split on the bed rest thing.  Try to take it easy, and relax  (I know it is easier said than done).  From what I have read there is nothing that you could have done to prevent it or cause it.  I know it is tough, but hang in there!

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • I have a sch i am 12 weeks 3 days, i started bleeding around 6 or 7 weeks and i when i went in they said baby was great and bleeding was from the sch i was put on bedrest for a week and pelvic rest after that. My last appointment 11 weeks 1 day baby had a strong heart beat in the 160's i havent had much more bleeding just occasional spotting here and there and my dr says it will dissolve on it's own.
  • I wouldn't let the nurse scare you. When you visit an emergency room, they are responsible for two things...1. Giving you a diagnosis and 2. Telling you the worst outcome/what symptoms to look for to get more medical help. ANY woman that goes in to an ER with pregnancy bleeding will be told they have a threatened miscarriage and told to look for more bleeding, dizziness, etc. Do not let that worry you...it is simply protocol. SCH has plenty of good outcomes, of all of the posts I have read with women who have had them, everyone ended up with a healthy baby. Stay positive!
  • I have one although I'm not sure how big it is, my doctor didn't say. He did say it increases my risk for miscarriage but he felt confident my body would reabsorb it. I'm not on bed rest or anything. He found it during my 8 week scan and I'm having my next scan at 12 weeks. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow.
    I wouldn't stress about it too much. Good luck!
  • I had one with my second pregnancy. Yes, it does increase the odds of a miscarriage. I can't quote the numbers right now but I personally would not panic over it. As you read, many women here have/had them.
    My second is currently trying to eat my dog, so no miscarriage here.
  • I have one too.  It's very scary, and I don't know what will happen.  I'm currently stuck on bed rest..which I hate.  If you need a chat, PM me :) 
  • I had this just two days ago and it scared me horribly! Out of nowhere I began bleeding very heavy enough to soak through your pants and had clots the whole thing I was sure I ways miscarrying. To my shock and relief baby was fine had strong heartbeat but they did find a small sch. The bleeding stopped and I'm hopeful it will re absorb on it's own but for now I have to take it easy.
  • Jenn2132 I had the same experience - Monday just gone, and the Monday before.  Has your Doctor told you to bed rest?  Mine has, and I feel like I'm going crazy :(.
  • My mother told me that when she was pregnant with my brother 24 years ago, she had just that. She went on to have a normal pregnancy with no complications or prematurity. :D I hope that is good peace of mind for the situation.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • I have a small one, I'm 11 weeks with no bleeding. How are you ladies doing.
  • OP how are you doing? I'll be praying you and your baby are ok! Xxx