October 2015 Moms

What "Off Limits" thing do you miss most right now?

ClaireBear90ClaireBear90 member
edited April 2015 in October 2015 Moms
I realize that some women feel comfortable with one or more of these things during pregnancy, (black tea drinker right here!) but for those who are abstaining for all or part of your pregnancy . . . what are you missing most? :)
It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
Pregnancy Ticker

What "Off Limits" thing do you miss most right now? 370 votes

Alcohol
37% 140 votes
Smoking
3% 13 votes
Sushi
15% 57 votes
Deli meat
16% 61 votes
Hot tub
3% 14 votes
Dyeing hair
1% 4 votes
Caffeine
13% 51 votes
I'm not missing a thing!
4% 18 votes
Something else - share below!
3% 12 votes

Re: What "Off Limits" thing do you miss most right now?

• Never was a heavy drinker just the ocassional glass of wine typically over the weekend. I knew we weren't trying weren't protecting when we conceived this little bean so I haven't had any alcohol since Christmas time! :((
  • Loading the player...
  • glass of red wine!
  • I miss drinking a good pickled ceaser! I have not given up deli meat or caffeine just cut back. It doesnt really worry me.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• MARGARITAS!
    I need to find a good non-alcoholic recipe to get me through.
  • Missing red wine! Most of the other things I'm still doing/having.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• If you find a good non-alcoholic recipe for margaritas you have to post it!!!
  • I love the chicken salad at dunkin donuts but won't eat it while im preggo. One of the first things ill be eating afterwards! And of course lunch meat!
  • I want a margarita so bad!
  • Ella85 said:

Ibuprofen!

Oh my god, no kidding!! I have two herniated discs from my last pregnancy and am dreading when that flares up again!
  • Ella85 said:

Ibuprofen!

Oh my god, no kidding!! I have two herniated discs from my last pregnancy and am dreading when that flares up again!
    Actually in my experience my dr's have said ibuprofen is ok until the 3rd tri. I was just in 2 weeks ago with strep throat and the dr mentioned it to me again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Alcohol, deli meat, and caffeine!
  • I'm not a smoker. The only thing that I truly stay away from are alcoholic beverages. The hardest part is that summer is coming up and I will miss our happy hour beach time at our family lake home. I will occasionally do a few sips here and there from others but not my own drink.

Other than that I really don't avoid other foods.

• I'm guilty of having deli meat. I'm not so concerned. I just love having turkey and cheese sandwiches lmao :P
  • I'm missing food in general due to food aversions. I'll second the ibuprofen, too!
  • I miss holding my daughter. She's 9 and a little chunky and I'm afraid to hold her.
  • Ella85 said:

Ibuprofen!

Actually in my experience my dr's have said ibuprofen is ok until the 3rd tri. I was just in 2 weeks ago with strep throat and the dr mentioned it to me again.
    Yep, my OB told me to take Advil at 5w when I had a fever that was hard to control. Alternating it with tylenol, of course. It helped a lot, but I wouldn't take it all the time.
  • I want a margarita so bad!

Me too!!!

I miss margaritas, sangria's, beer, shots of fireball...sigh.

I'm also really missing sushi and deli meat!
  • @bgriest i'm right there with you on missing shots of fireball & sushi! You can have deep fried sushi though! And if you go to a well known sushi restaurant they normally have *'s next to rolls that are fully cooked! :-)
  • I'm at the beach right now and everyone is drinking and smoking and I'm ..... Eating . So comfy in the sun tho
  • I miss deli meats! And eggs sunny side up.. And steak! Oh gosh do i miss a nice red juicy steak.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bgriest i'm right there with you on missing shots of fireball & sushi! You can have deep fried sushi though! And if you go to a well known sushi restaurant they normally have *'s next to rolls that are fully cooked! :-)

I will have to look into that! There's a sushi place right up the street from us that's popular and been around a long time! Maybe their website menu will say...

I have a brand new bottle of fireball in my freezer just taunting me! My fiancé won't let me so much as have a sip of any alcoholic drinks. Not even a tiny sip!

I swear as soon as this little boy comes out I want a drink of some sort! Lol
  • Wine and unpasteurized cheeses! Only 27 more weeks!!!
  • Diet Pepsi!! I sneak a bit every now and then!
  • Ella85 said:

Ibuprofen!

YAAASSS! I have bad knees and there are sooo many days that I think about how they wouldn't hurt if I could just take some ibuprofen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CocoR04 said:

Ella85 said:

Ibuprofen!

Yep, my OB told me to take Advil at 5w when I had a fever that was hard to control. Alternating it with tylenol, of course. It helped a lot, but I wouldn't take it all the time.
    Ooo! Thanks ladies! You've given me some hope! :)
  • ivdrivdr member
    Sushi and deli meats, definately! Before getting pregnant I pretty much drank every night....but strangely, I'm not even missing the alcohol☺
  • Ugh I miss a cold, crisp IPA! I've had a sip of my husband's here or there and it's delightful. I also just want a good cold cut Italian sub! The two together would probably make me pass out from joy!
  • I voted sushi over alcohol lol. I want some spicy tuna!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wine. Oh god, the wine. This summer is gonna be longggg.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • A big beautiful RARE NY strip! I haven't had much meat because I can't tolerate well done beef. And salmon sashimi.
  • I really miss over-easy eggs!
    They were my favorite breakfast over toast with some bacon...
    Oct15 October Siggy Challenge: Maternity Costumes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh ibuprofen for my awful headaches that Tylenol do nothing for. And alcohol, all of the alcohol. I enjoy the taste of it a lot and I miss my bartender :(
  • I miss not having food aversions! I used to love sushi and now I can't even fathom the thought of eating it. :( I feel like I won't ever eat it again! I hope my love for it comes back after the baby cause I loved doing happy hour sushi :)
  • I miss my red wine, my caffeine, the good sushi, and my energy! I used to be so much more active!
  • I want a bud light lime so bad after an awful day at work.... summer barbeques and bonfires are going to be rough this year :(
  • Long Island Iced Teas and my turkey sandwiches! Not to mention waking up without having to throw up!