Parenting after 35
Options

Baby weight math

I know - 9 months to gain the weight, 9 months to lose it. I'm not worried. Fascinated is a better word. How in the world did I jut deliver a 7lb baby, plus placenta, amniotic fluid, blood, etc, and I'm only 5lbs down from when I went in the hospital? I don't understand the math!

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Baby weight math

• Options
    IV fluids? Still doesn't account for a disparity that big! Lol

DS was born at 7 lb 2 oz. I had IV antibiotics and some pitocin after birth. By the time I got home, I was down a little over 10 lbs. 3 weeks later, I'm down about 20.
  • Options
    If you got a lot of fluids and have a lot of swelling that would explain some of it. I had HORRIBLE swelling after my c section. If that's the case get ready for some horrendous sweating at night.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe you have like 4 pounds of milk ? Lol
  • Options
    Not sure how far postpartum you are, but I always have intense night sweats the first few weeks - your body will shed crazy amounts of water weight! I hang on to my extra weight after initially losing 20ish lbs in the first month or so.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    With my first pregnancy, I got a ton of iv fluids, left the hospital more swollen than when I went in, then had bad night sweats for MONTHS. I was prepared this time (just went home yesterday). The swelling wasn't nearly as bad. So far, the night sweats haven't been either.

4lbs of milk wouldn't surprise me, lol. I had over-supply problems last time, enough that DS was getting sick. With this one, my milk came in about 36 hours after delivery. Today, I pumped 8oz to clear engorgement pain, then fed DD, then felt like I could still pump more (I didnt, because that would make it even worse). I think we're headed the same direction. Hopefully I can stop it before we end up on 12hr block feeds. Ugh.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015