September 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Boycotting Sleep

So my son will be six months next week and he used to sleep really well at night. Recently he's been fighting in at night waking up screaming like he's in pain. He's not, just wants to be held or picked up I think. We have been trying to let him self soothe but now it's at the point that he's sobbing and waking ever 45 mins!! Is anyone else going through this?? WW app says we have 10 days for the next leap!!! I don't know if I can go that long without sleep! :(

Re: Baby Boycotting Sleep

• Options
    Our DS is not waking up so often as yours is but we are going through similar issues where DS refuses to take naps in his crib and is taking a long time to fall asleep at night. He used to be so easy with sleeping. I thought maybe it's because he's becoming more aware and understands that he will get attention by crying. Perhaps it's a leap like you mentioned. He also got shots 3 days ago - maybe that is still messing with him. I just hope things get better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Going through the same exact thing here. Goes to bed ok but wakes two hours later and then up every 45 screaming for the rest of the night. Only nursing helps. If I try any other soothing method she screams hysterically and hyperventilates. 9 more days of the leap here too-- hope it gets better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same boat but LO was happy the last four days of his leap then started this craziness once his leap finished! So now I keep thinking teething, growth spurt, who knows?? He literally screams like someone is stabbing him and if I go "pat his back" to soothe him it's a joke. He sees me and screams harder if I don't pick him up.
  • Options
    At least I feel better knowing I'm not in this alone!
  • Options
    Same with my daughter!
  • Options
    I'm with you all!
  • Options
    Going through the exact same thing with our little guy and I am in need of some serious sleep since we've been dealing with it for two weeks now. Has anyone found anything that helps to get them to stay asleep a little longer?
  • Options
    I haven't found anything...our leap ended Tuesday and he has been a mess each night since!!