June 2015 Moms

Ultrasound...baby being shy?

Ladies, we just had an ultrasound. In every pic our little girl had her hand on her forehead. My mother just saw something on the news about what this meant but can't remember what. I for the life of me can't find anything on Google. Does anyone know? Could this mean she's going to be shy?

Thanks!

Re: Ultrasound...baby being shy?

• Loading the player...
  • My baby always has his hands up. One time at an ultrasound he had his legs straight up in front of him. Very flexible baby in there.
  • They just had a big thing on the news and internet about a study done on smoking mothers and the impact that it had on the babies.  The babies with smoking mothers had more face touching.  I don't think it meant anything for your baby other than that is how she was comfy at that time:)  Below is the link to the article, your Mom probably remembers the headline of babies with a lot of face touching.

• My baby always has her hands covering her face. We go for ultrasounds every 6 weeks or so and every single time, she has her hands near her nose or mouth. She's perfectly healthy though. I just think babies position themselves whichever way is comfy.
  • She won't be shy just vain, she's using touch to learn about her face since she doesn't have a mirror.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • amark11 said:

Did you guys see that headline from The Onion that was something like, "Doctor admits to having used same ultrasound photo for the past 30 years"? One of my all-time favorites

I had to look this up. Lmao this is funny.
  • Did anyone see the news story of the baby waving? Now that was pretty cool!
  • That's funny because I have never smoked LOL. Thanks for the link!
  • ElRuby said:

Did anyone see the news story of the baby waving? Now that was pretty cool!

I saw one on Facebook of a baby clapping its hands! That must've been so cool for the parents to see.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ElRuby said:

Did anyone see the news story of the baby waving? Now that was pretty cool!

I saw one on Facebook of a baby clapping its hands! That must've been so cool for the parents to see.
    Oh yeah that was it haha!
  • @karaelaine1991 Seeing as we're Team Green, this will be an interesting theory to test. Of the u/s pics we've had to take home so far, there has always been a hand up near the face. So far as I can tell, not both. Oh god.... please don't say this means I'm having a hermaphrodite! ;) I'll keep my eye out on subsequent ones and see if I can't tell where the hands are. Because honestly, most of the time I still can't tell what I'm looking at beyond the spine and their little noggin.
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• @karaelaine1991 Seeing as we're Team Green, this will be an interesting theory to test. Of the u/s pics we've had to take home so far, there has always been a hand up near the face. So far as I can tell, not both. Oh god.... please don't say this means I'm having a hermaphrodite! ;) I'll keep my eye out on subsequent ones and see if I can't tell where the hands are. Because honestly, most of the time I still can't tell what I'm looking at beyond the spine and their little noggin.

Definitely! You'll have to let us know! :)
  • @karaelaine1991
    Sorry to disprove your techs theory but when I was pregnant with DS his u/s pics showed him with his hands by his face! I didn't see any where he's touching his junk. Lol. Oddly enough after he was born, he'd fall asleep with his hands touching his face. I thought it was the cutest thing.
  • CillyMama said:

@karaelaine1991
    Sorry to disprove your techs theory but when I was pregnant with DS his u/s pics showed him with his hands by his face! I didn't see any where he's touching his junk. Lol. Oddly enough after he was born, he'd fall asleep with his hands touching his face. I thought it was the cutest thing.

Haha thanks for sharing! Yeah, I doubted that it was a hard and fast rule... it did make sense to me though, just knowing how guys generally are! Mostly just something funny to laugh about :) 
  • Ditto.  We paid $70 bucks to see her cover her face for half an hour.  lol  Gotta love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"