June 2015 Moms

Swollen...ahem... Lady parts

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Swollen...ahem... Lady parts

• It is normal due to increased blood flow in your uterus. I had swelling during my first and now during my second. It is sore but not painful. If it gets painful let you doctor know.
  • Loading the player...
  • devyns2nd said:

Mines been swollen for a few months. DH laughs because I now struggle with camel toe :( I'm not brave enough to look though.

Husband's are fun to have around sometimes. Lol this would be one of those times.
  • cag11890cag11890 member
    edited March 2015
    Hahaha so mean though!!! Mine is on me big time for snoring, apparently I could shake the house lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Definitely increased blood flow. It happens. As long as there's no pain it should be fine. I'm no doctor but that's my guess.
  • So is it safe to have sex even though it's swollen? Or should I not and wait for the swelling to subside??

I would add extra lube. So it doesn't pull or irritate it...
  • Yep swollen. Figured that out when I was shaving down there. Let's just say it's no longer safe to shave blind.
  • The way u described this put a horrible image in my head. Very graphic. But ur good at describing. That's talent. Lol.
  • I did a bendy, awkward trim down there about 2 weeks ago. I could still (barely) see to perform the job, and I was thinking to myself that I looked a little swollen down there too. I knew about the excess blood flow and thought I remembered reading somewhere that may happen so I just mowed the lawn very carefully.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad I'm not the only one! The things people don't tell you about pregnancy!
  • Normal. Just don't get that mirror out too soon after you deliver (if you deliver vaginally). You will need more glasses of wine than you should probably have (3 bottles) if you are breastfeeding to get over that view. :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Padsickles!
  • Haha baked potato, that's hilarious because it does.

I would think its fine to have sex as long as it doesn't hurt.
  • Found this on Pinterest a little while ago.. Padsickles! https://www.stephsbitebybite.com/2013/02/21/baby-conner-homemade-postpartum-relief-pads/

(Sorry I feel like I'm blowing up these threads today. Apparently I'm board and spring break doesn't agree with me)
  • shawnaNichloeshawnaNichloe member
    edited April 2015
    I just had this same problem! My OB told me it's very common and suggested wearing a pad for support
  • Glad I'm not the only one! The things people don't tell you about pregnancy!

Oh they could fill books with the things they don't tell you.
  • Swollen labia = completely normal for pregnancy. Anyone who is "shocked" about this clearly hasn't read too many pregnancy books. It's a pretty common symptom especially entering into 3rd tri. 

As for the insane swelling during labour/delivery and immediately after that @klkowni mentioned. I will admit, the books/sites definitely gloss over that, so I can understand maybe being a bit surprised by that. But run of the mill swelling. C'mon ladies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"