Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro & Questions :)

Hi, ladies! I've been lurking for a few weeks now (aside from asking about abbreviations early on) and figured now is a good time to say hello.

I'm 30, hubby is 28. I just went off the pill about four weeks ago after being on it for 13 years. Doc said to come in if no bfp (see? I'm learning!) or af by week 6. Bought the tests from Amazon that you gals seem to recommend so highly.

So far, not pregnant but yesterday AND today positive opk. Is my research right that opks test that you're ABOUT to ovulate? It's been more than 24 hours and 3 positive tests. Just wondering if this is "normal" or if anyone else has experienced this. (Too many posts to scroll through to see if this has already been discussed. Sorry if it has!)

Side note: what do DH (I'm assuming the H is husband?) and BD mean?

Thanks so much!

Re: Newbie Intro & Questions :)

• Options
    angc4angc4 member
    DH is dear husband, you may also see DS dear son and DD dear daughter.

BD is Baby Dance aka sex

I don't use OPKs at this point in my journey so I can't speak to those, but I have read that they detect surges and so generally yes, it could mean you are going to ovulate, however I've also read they can happen multiple times throughout a cycle ... Perhaps your AF is coming? But at the same time it never hurts to BD :) every 2-3 days.

Lastly, research temping and begin that so that you can pinpoint more accurately when you do ovulate
    Good luck!
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Hi, ladies! I've been lurking for a few weeks now (aside from asking about abbreviations early on) and figured now is a good time to say hello.

I'm 30, hubby is 28. I just went off the pill about four weeks ago after being on it for 13 years. Doc said to come in if no bfp (see? I'm learning!) or af by week 6. Bought the tests from Amazon that you gals seem to recommend so highly.

So far, not pregnant but yesterday AND today positive opk. Is my research right that opks test that you're ABOUT to ovulate? It's been more than 24 hours and 3 positive tests. Just wondering if this is "normal" or if anyone else has experienced this. (Too many posts to scroll through to see if this has already been discussed. Sorry if it has!)

Side note: what do DH (I'm assuming the H is husband?) and BD mean?

Thanks so much!

I'm sorry, what's your question?  Yes you can have more than one positive opk.  that's because opks test for an LH surge.  LH surges last sometimes more than 24 hours.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahaha baby dance. You gals are almost TOO creative.

Thanks @TheBorg7of9 ...that was my question! :)
  • Options

Hahaha baby dance. You gals are almost TOO creative.

Thanks @TheBorg7of9 ...that was my question! :)

Ok. That's one reason why temping is so important. Opks tell you when you have the lh surge, but you gotta keep having sex until ovulation is confirmed by a sustained temperature shift.
    My TTC History:
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Ok thanks, @TheBorg7of9 ! I'll pick one up tomorrow. And aww shucks. I'm sure my DH will be so sad to have to keep practicing.
  • Options

Ok thanks, @TheBorg7of9 ! I'll pick one up tomorrow. And aww shucks. I'm sure my DH will be so sad to have to keep practicing.

It might not work to start mid cycle. You need to watch the tutorial videos on fertilityfriend.com.
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Will do. Thanks again, @TheBorg7of9 ! Super helpful.

(We're also taking it easy and seeing what happens. I just like to know as much info as possible.)

P. S. I have an aquaintance who is pseudo-obsessed with 7 of 9. Lol
  • Options
    What brand of pregnancy tests did you buy on AMAZON? One of the nurses suggested I buy cheapies and then go get blood work done. Thank you!
  • Options
    nicoleann21nicoleann21 member
    edited April 2015
    I'm new here too and pretty much lurk through these boards during any free time I have, so I was very excited to find a glossary of abbreviationshttps://www.thebump.com/community-glossary
    Best luck to you!
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1: April 2015
    BFP: 4/25/15
    EDD: 1/5/16
  • Options
    mtownhespesmtownhespes member
    edited March 2015
    @mlbui329 I bought the wondfo combo pack (pregnancy and opk). Cheaper than all the others, but not fancy. Pee in cup, insert litmus strip for 3 seconds, lay it flat, wait 5 minutes, done. Rumor has it they're just as effective.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello:) I've used wondfo brand, love the price!!! Just be careful who are you buying from there are some sellers on amazon that are selling fake wondfo tests... I would definitely contact wondfo customer service team to verify the authorized sellers... Good Luck
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"