Working Moms

Will this get better?

This is DD1's first year of preschool. DH stays home with the kids during the day. Ever since she's gone to school, both kids have been sick constantly which I expected. But I didn't expect I'd be sick so much too! 2 rounds of stomach flu, a sinus infection, a constant cold since Chistmas and yesterday I had to stay home because I had pink eye. I am so tired of missing obligations and not being able to work out and do normal stuff because I've been sick so much. Thankfully my boss has two little kids so she gets it, but it's so frustrating.
IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: Will this get better?

• I *think* it gets betters.  It has gotten better-ish for us.  My daughter started a daycare center in August after being in a small in-home since she was a baby.  Those first few months were an avalanche of fevers, throwing up, coughing, runny nose, lice (ugh), etc.  It is definitely not as often now, and we both frequently work full work weeks!

It really sucks...especially when the parents get it.  When my daughter gets sick now I wash my hands constantly and Lysol the crap out of my house, which has helped me avoid some of them.  However, from her standpoint I try to look at it as strengthening her immune system and that it would have to happen sooner or later for her to grow into a healthy adult.

Good luck!

• I think this is just a rough time of the year to get through. DS has been in daycare since he was 12 weeks. Last winter and this year---usually the months of February and March are the worst for us. This year he has had, the stomach flu, sinus infection, ear infection and pink eye (all in the last 3 weeks). I have been told that they need to build up their immune systems so that it does get better as they get older. But it hard when you catch half of or all of the sicknesses they bring home. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Probiotics help too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"