South Florida Babies

Moving and need advice nurse practitioner scared me

hey mamas,
So I just got back from an appointment with my nurse practitioner in Rhode Island and she basically was like I am screwed with insurance and other care in Florida I have insurance through the affordable care act now and have Medicaid my husband has blue cross, she said that I will be stuck with an 8000+ bill because florida doesn't have what RI has or some sh*t does anyone have any experience with Medicaid in Florida ? Or delivering in Florida in general as she was saying Florida doesn't have the same practices other states has as Breast feeding help a lot of anti vaccinators and other random things she says to make sure I look at how many babies are actually delivered basically she was hating on Florida! Now I'm anxious moving to port st luci if anyone has any experience in that area

Answers

• I have medicaid in Florida and it pays for everything...you could also apply for WIC, and they are very helpful with breastfeeding and make you take a class even to continue with benefits. You can also talk to lactation consultants at the hospital where you deliver. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"