2nd Trimester

I wasn't thinking.. boating over choppy water.

I was boating over the weekend with a group of friends. We rented a 10 person boat and took it out.  There was about 20 minutes of fast boating where I was sitting up front and we were flying through the choppy waves.  The boat was jumping up and down over the waves.  I am 14 weeks pregnant.  Obviously I have already done this and regret it.  It didn't even cross my mind until a day later.  I guess I was caught up in the moment. 

Is this a stupid question? Can shaken baby syndrome happen inside the womb?

Re: I wasn't thinking.. boating over choppy water.

• kmdendy said:

I was boating over the weekend with a group of friends. We rented a 10 person boat and took it out.  There was about 20 minutes of fast boating where I was sitting up front and we were flying through the choppy waves.  The boat was jumping up and down over the waves.  I am 14 weeks pregnant.  Obviously I have already done this and regret it.  It didn't even cross my mind until a day later.  I guess I was caught up in the moment. 

Is this a stupid question? Can shaken baby syndrome happen inside the womb?
    Not possible, with the exception of major abdominal trauma. Bouncing around in a boat isn't considered traumatic. Your baby is safely insulated within the womb. The amniotic fluid prevents the baby from absorbing the shock. I'm positive that your kid is fine.
    Is it a stupid question, you ask? I have no response, pleading the 5th.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hahahah THANK YOU GUYS!!!  I appreciate the humor! 

All is well! 
  • CatsAreShadyCatsAreShady member
    edited March 2015
    kmdendy said:

Hahahah THANK YOU GUYS!!!  I appreciate the humor! 

All is well! 
    LOL you're welcome ;)
  • LMAO at the Clark response! 
  • Glad you have a sense of humor. I was just teasing you. ;)

Your baby is fine. Promise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"