School-Aged Children
Options

How Many Snow Days Have You Had?

I'm in the mid-Atlantic.  We had one on the Tuesday after Christmas break and we're having one today.  Thank God for today's snow.  Seriously, I almost cried tears of joy when I saw the announcement.

I've had a bad cold, and I was dreading teaching today!!  But I took off last Friday for this stupid cold, and came home early yesterday on my teacher work day, so I didn't feel like I could take yet another day.  It's been years since I've had a cold this bad.

I'm feeling so rotten, I've literally let my son play video games ALL day except for when I made him practice trumpet (which I could barely stand, because I have a headache.)  My DD is babysitting, and DS has no one around to play with, so it's him and Mario and Minecraft!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

Re: How Many Snow Days Have You Had?

• Options
    rsd12rsd12 member
    edited January 2015
    2 days (yesterday and Tuesday). We got a lot of snow! Just happy they went to school today! I am hoping February is uneventful.

Tuesday it was white out conditions so it was just survival and video games and TV were used. Yesterday we went sledding and fort building with friends and they were outside all day!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    Only 1 so far.  We were supposed to get quite a bit more snow than what we actually got. 
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't had so much as a 2-hour delay this year...  I think they learned their lesson after last year's super-cold snap. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am in Chicago.  We had 3 cold days the first week in January.  Then we had a snow day today.  So now we have 4 days to make up at the end of the year.  
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Options
    Zero in Dallas, TX! But if we have 6 more weeks of winter left there may be some coming. ;) It has snowed on Valentines Day before.
  • Options
    I'm outside of Cleveland- we've used four days. One for snow and the rest for below freezing temps. My kids haven't had a full week of school though, with in-service days and illness since before Cmas.
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm in MI and we've had 8. About half of those were for cold though, not for snow. The windchill was between -15 and -20. I'm not sure what we'll have to make up yet.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    We're having #5 today -- an "ice" day instead of a snow day.  We may have to make up one day when it's all over.

• Options
    We got a late winter this year! So far we've had 2 ice days and one early release last week. We may have one more this week. Next week is Spring Break but it sure doesn't feel like it!
  • Options

:)

I was freaking out that we would have to many and it would cut into out family vaction the beginning of June.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DesignermommaDesignermomma member
    edited April 2015
    It may for us too, our make-up day is Monday but there is one more to make up they haven't decided yet. I hope they don't extend school into June. If they do we'll just take an unexcused absence :)
  • Options
    We just found out that the public schools have to add one day. Unfortunately, it's a Monday.  For my DD, this will be exam make-up day, so it won't matter unless she misses an exam the previous week.  She won't have to go in on that day.  My DS will, though.  We'll see.  That's the first week of camp, so we'll have to see if they go to school or camp.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"