August 2014 Moms

getting stuck in corner

Hello. So my 7 MO can't crawl yet but scoots himself into the corner of the crib almost every night and can't get back out. I will start him at one end of the crib and he will end up on the complete opposite side. So I have to get up and move him multiple times a night carefully without waking him. We have the breathable mesh bumber but it's not very cushoned. He knocks his head when he tries to move and I feel bad. Wondering about the more plush bumpers or it they make plush breathable bumpers. Or any suggestions? He does not like swaddle anymore and does sleep with a blanket I try to tuck around him. Any thoughts?

Re: getting stuck in corner

• I've been using regular bumpers for months as its fine!!
  • We have used a regular bumper from day one and have had no problem. Our son does the same thing as far as scooting himself up into the corner and I think the best thing for us has been our monitor. We have the Angel Care sound and motion monitor so we are alerted should he stop breathing. It's never been something we've had happen
  • Loading the player...
  • We do have the video monitor and the angel care monitor. He has scooted himself so far into the corner that the angel care monitor goes off cuz it can't find him.
  • Can you turn up the sensitivity a little bit and test it in the corners with light movement from your hands? I know our anglecare monitor has a sensitivity dial on the back of the base. @lisakor26
  • My daughter only sleeps in the corner, scoots herself their every night. Why would you be concerned enough to move him if he is sleeping (not awake and crying from being unhappy there)?

It's common for babies to want to be pushed up against something as opposed to the middle of the crib. Makes them feel safe.
  • My daughter only sleeps in the corner, scoots herself their every night. Why would you be concerned enough to move him if he is sleeping (not awake and crying from being unhappy there)?

It's common for babies to want to be pushed up against something as opposed to the middle of the crib. Makes them feel safe.

This
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"