July 2015 Moms
Options

Is this Braxton Hicks??

I'm 26 weeks and today  and I have not been feeling well. My stomach gets very tight and it aches. It' similar to when you have stomach flu and your stomach is turning. Is this Braxton Hicks? Or could it be my baby turning? Something just feels off. I was getting very hot and had to take deep breaths during that time. I'm not one to call the Dr. unless I feel it's an emergency, so I wanted to check on here first to see if anyone is experiencing this or can give me some idea of what their Braxton Hick's felt like?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Is this Braxton Hicks??

• Options
    Braxton hicks is your uterus contracting. Your stomach gets really hard and uncomfortable, shouldn't be really painful but more uncomfortable. Last anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute. Third time mommy here and the Braxton hicks started really early for me this time
  • Options

Braxton hicks is your uterus contracting. Your stomach gets really hard and uncomfortable, shouldn't be really painful but more uncomfortable. Last anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute. Third time mommy here and the Braxton hicks started really early for me this time

This. Mine started like 3 weeks or so ago. But that is exactly what it feels like for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No this is Patrick
  • Options

I'm 26 weeks and today  and I have not been feeling well. My stomach gets very tight and it aches. It' similar to when you have stomach flu and your stomach is turning. Is this Braxton Hicks? Or could it be my baby turning? Something just feels off. I was getting very hot and had to take deep breaths during that time. I'm not one to call the Dr. unless I feel it's an emergency, so I wanted to check on here first to see if anyone is experiencing this or can give me some idea of what their Braxton Hick's felt like?

That sounds a little more intense than BH. Now, I've said it before, and I've said it again -- if you have a moment's hesitation that anything is wrong or off, you NEED TO CALL. That's what you pay these people to do. We have a girl on the other July board who had the same hesitation about BHs on Friday, and by Sunday she was in L&D because her body was trying to go into labor at 23w5d. Don't wait. Please call. Worst case, they have you come in and check you out. And, then you'll at least just know whether it's something or nothing.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I did go into the the dr. Heartbeat is fine and cervix is closed. Not much they can do. They don't know what's going on. Possibly a stomach virus?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the exact same thing. They are Braxton hicks. If they seem really bad you could be dehydrated drink lots of water
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"