April 2015 Moms

Hospital bag must haves!

Ladies! So I need to get my hopsital bag packed and I do have a list that can off the internet or whatever of things you will probably need. But I would love to hear some of things your planing on taking or your must haves to take

Re: Hospital bag must haves!

• MommaBre2007MommaBre2007 member
    edited April 2015
    From my experiance,
    Packed a lot and ended up only going into my bag once, to get my going home clothes and shower stuff. The other stuff I used were things I already kept in my purse. Chap stick, phone charger, deoderant and hair ties.
  • Loading the player...
  • Adult diapers are a must for me!
  • For sure bringing some makeup this time around just in case I feel like putting something in and not looking so horrible like I did with my first experience
  • Twin size sheets ! I work in a hospital so I definitely don't want to lay in theirs... Lol
  • My own toiletries is a must! And my favorite snacks in case the cafeteria is closed and I'm hungry ha
  • A nice looking pillowcase. I know it is weird, but it helps to have some nice colours for the first photo of you and baby.
  • I brought my own pillow and will do so again this time if I can remember.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • I really need to remember to bring my own pillow too. That sounds like a good idea
  • My own pillow and the Boppy comes in pretty handy!
  • I second the boppy! I had someone run home and get it for me!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm taking:
    • Big overnight sanitary pads
    • 2 nightgowns
    • Flip flops for the shower & slippers
    • Sleeping nursing bra
    • Ipod with headphones loaded with playlist I made. 
    • My own pillow with a coloured pillow case
    • Magazines
    • $10 in coins
    • Box of Kleenex
    • Lip balm
    • Travel shampoo & conditioner
    • Toothbrush x 2 toothpaste, & mouthwash
    • My digital watch
    • Box of disposable breast pads
    • 4 dark pairs of underwear
    • 4 pairs of socks (2 really warm ones)
    • Casual/comfortable outfit for going home
    • Hair elastics
    • Lifesavers
    • My Rhogam form
    • Small box newborn diapers
    • Baby wipes
    • Cotton hat for baby
    • 4 sleepers for baby.
    • 2 receiving blankets
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Our teacher in birthing class suggested taking a handheld massager for your partner to rub on lower back during contractions. I am also taking my Ipad for a distraction.
  • Pillow, iPad, makeup, flip flops for the shower.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I myself have decided to bring my own receiving blankets for the baby because I don't want the hospital ones to be used for my baby. I think of all the chemicals used to wash them and they're not really that nice on the skin; especially when the baby's skin is so sensitive! Hopefully this will help prevent any skin rashes or irritation
  • I myself have decided to bring my own receiving blankets for the baby because I don't want the hospital ones to be used for my baby. I think of all the chemicals used to wash them and they're not really that nice on the skin; especially when the baby's skin is so sensitive! Hopefully this will help prevent any skin rashes or irritation
  • Boppy is a great idea - it's so challenging trying to rig all the pillows to get a good hold for breast feeding.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • I found this list helpful ....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"