April 2015 Moms

Stripping membranes?

Thoughts on stripping your membranes? Anyone done this before? Please share thoughts/concerns! Thanks!

Re: Stripping membranes?

• I had it done with my daughter at 37 weeks and my plug came out that night and I had some spotting but no signs of labor. Then again at 38 weeks and nothing. She was born at 39.4 weeks. But then a friend of mine had it done and went into labor that night. Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my membranes stripped at 37 + 6 (my doctor wanted to try to get me to labor on my own, since I was supposed to get induced on the 30th), I had no sign of labor that whole day except for maybe a few Braxton hicks here and there. By the next day I was definitely in early labor, every symptom I was experiencing could be connected to it. My water broke at 4:30 PM and baby boy was born by 12:46 AM.
  • My midwives won't strip them till 39 weeks :((
  • Getting them done on Thursday. I will be 39 weeks.
  • had mine stripped at 38+3 while preg with an 11 pounder and scheduled for Pitocin induction at 39w.  It didn't do anything for me.  I still showed up at my induction at the same dilation I was at 38+3.  It didn't hurt more than a normal internal.  I will probably get stripped if I make it to my 40w with this baby (not HR this time so no induction scheduled).

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Had mine done at 38 weeks as the next week they would be inducing me so was hoping this would do that. My appointment was 2:00 afterwards went back to work but felt really crampy the rest of the day, at 12:30am woke up with contractions and she was born at 4:45am. So worked for me!
  • Had it done with my first and went into labor 2 days later. Planning on asking them to do it tomorrow at my 40wk apt hoping it will help!!
  • I had my membranes stripped at 39 weeks and 3 days with my first and went into labor a little over 24 hours later. Hoping to have the same result this time around :)
  • Had mine stripped at 38 weeks and water broke less then 24 hrs later my last pregnancy.
  • Hoping to have mine done Thursday. I was only at 1 cm at my 37 week appt last week and they said I needed to be dilated more than that to do it. Also he is at +2 so not sure if his head being in the way will cause a problem. Hoping it does something b/c I'm trying to VBAC.
  • Had mine stripped at 38+6 & nothing happened. Had them stripped again yesterday at 39+5 around 9am, woke up this morning and started to loose my mucus plug and have been steadily loosing it now for the past 6 hours. I'm getting regular BH but they aren't painful, so it's too soon to say if it's true or false labor yet. Crossing fingers this is the real thing.
  • Went into labor around 10 pm, contractions were every 2-3 min by 1am, went to the hospital and was admitted at 4cm. The pain was so intense and the contractions were right on top of each other I broke down and got the epidural. After preping, admiting, blood draw, IV fluids, they finally gave me the epidural at 4am and I was already at 7cm. Progressed 1 cm per hour and stalled at 9.5cm. Finally started pushing at 11am and had Seraphine Elizabeth at 11:15am after just 15 min of pushing! Membrane Strip worked!!
  • Had mine stripped yesterday morning at 40+1 and let's just say I'm still at home watching cartoons with my toddler. It's hit and miss. Hopefully it works for the majority!
  • So my Dr told me that our hospital will do it optionally at 38 weeks and it's up to me if I want it done. I don't really know what to say. Sounds like lots of you it makes the process happen quickly
  • I had mine done last week at 38w2d and again today at 39w2d dilated another cm still having irregular contractions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"