Trying to Get Pregnant

Too early to test?

My husband and I have not been using any kind of protection for the past two weeks. My April period is due April 8th and my last period was Feb 11. Would April 11 to too early to test? I took a negative test last night. 

Re: Too early to test?

• Are you temping to know when you ovulated?  That's the only way to know when your period is due and whether it's too early to test.  Also, what about your March period?
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am temping in an incorrect way, with an ear thermometer. I have to buy a proper one. I did not get a period in March. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2015
    Periods can me missed for lots of reasons. If you don't get a BFP or a period for 60 days, see a doc. But I definitely recommend charting and temping. Takes all the guesswork out of TTC.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • OP, were you previously on birth control? The missed AF could be your cycle re-regulating itself.
  • Yes I discontinued birth control Feb 14th. 
  • Ah, I would bet that's what's going on. It can take awhile to get a regular period after BC, especially if you were on it for a long time.
  • A lot of women have longer cycles right after going off birth control.  I'm curious how you determined that your period was due April 8th though.  If your last period started Feb 11th, your next period should have been due mid-March.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry that's what I meant. I did not get a period mid-March. 
  • If you skipped March then I'd say you ovulated late or not at all. Especially if you have negative tests.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you! 
  • You mentioned I should have started testing on March 10th. We were using protection until March 15 so the tests would have probably been negative. I tested yesterday and got a negative. I am going to try and test again in a few weeks.
  • lilcip said:

You mentioned I should have started testing on March 10th. We were using protection until March 15 so the tests would have probably been negative. I tested yesterday and got a negative. I am going to try and test again in a few weeks.

So, you started ttc on day 33 of your cycle? Most times that would be way too late. You have to have sex on the 4 days before ovulation or on ovulation day. Average day of ovulation is cycle day 14, but there can be a large range. That is why people use opks and temping to find out their ovulation day.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I'm kind of on the same boat. I just removed my Iud march 3rd we were going to wait until April to TTC. So from the 3rd to about the 13th we used protection than we decided to go ahead and try.Have been having unprotected sex since the 15th of March my problem is that I have very irregular periods my last real period was December 25,2014. I've taken a couple of pregnancy test but they come out negative so I'm thinking it just to early to test since it's only been a couple of weeks with no protection.
  • I'm kind of on the same boat. I just removed my Iud march 3rd we were going to wait until April to TTC. So from the 3rd to about the 13th we used protection than we decided to go ahead and try.Have been having unprotected sex since the 15th of March my problem is that I have very irregular periods my last real period was December 25,2014. I've taken a couple of pregnancy test but they come out negative so I'm thinking it just to early to test since it's only been a couple of weeks with no protection.

Unless you got pregnant the first couple times you had unprotected sex it's probably too early for you to be pregnant. But keep testing once a week until you get a period, a positive or you reach 60 days without a period. If you get the last one, give your doctor a call.
  • valeriedeloyavaleriedeloya member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you! I will keep testing once a week until I get a positive :-)
  • I have been off bc since August. My last period was Feb. 21. I am now 10 days late. It has been 39 days since my last period. I took 3 test, all negative. I swear though I feel different. I have been feeling super nauseous and I am having mood swings like crazy. Any chance I am pregnant?? Or something else? I do have an appointment Monday with ym doctor.  
  • I have been off bc since August. My last period was Feb. 21. I am now 10 days late. It has been 39 days since my last period. I took 3 test, all negative. I swear though I feel different. I have been feeling super nauseous and I am having mood swings like crazy. Any chance I am pregnant?? Or something else? I do have an appointment Monday with ym doctor.  

If you're symptoms were related to pregnancy, you'd have a positive test. 39 days isn't an above average cycle length, it happens. A negative test means you're not pregnant at this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"