August 2015 Moms

Belly ring?

Soooo when I was 19 and trying to impress a boy who turned out to be an ass, I got my belly button pierced. I'm not emotionally attached to it 10 years later, but I've never had a good reason to consider taking it out before. (I do kind of enjoy how surprised people are that my uptight, goody-girl self has a *gasp* body peircing.) Anyway, I'm 18 wks now, and I know I'll have to take it out eventually. It's not stretching yet but it's starting to show through tighter/workout clothes. Anybody have insight into how much longer it'll last? If I decide I want to put a ring back in post-baby (unlikely, but who knows) will that be possible?

Re: Belly ring?

• I have had mine out for years and can still put one back in if I want. Mine never closed.
  • I have a bellybutton ring in also. I asked my doctor and she told me I can take it out or I can buy a pregnancy bellybutton ring! I chose the latter. Its long and bendy like silicone. I can keep it in until I deliver. You can find them online :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one as well and ended up taking it out around 2 weeks. I was not able to get mine back in after pregnancy nor did I really want to at that point
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I took mine out before my first son was born and the hole is all stretched out and gets really red as my pregnancy goes on. It kind of hurts too :/. I can tell you it only gets worse in your second pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've had my belly ring since I was 13 and wore it with my first until 20 weeks. I put it back in a few weeks after delivery with no issues. I'm 18 weeks now and plan to take it out at 20 weeks and wear again after baby.
  • gmd88gmd88 member
    edited April 2015
    I think you can get rings that are longer for when you're pregnant. Go to a reputable piercing place and ask. Also I know that it can be bad to keep plastic ones in for a long time because they're porous and can harbor bacteria. Make sure to ask the piercing place about this if you go with something flexible. I've used plastic retainers for an MRI in the past and the piercing place where I bought it warned me not too keep it in more than a few days. I plan to keep my piercing if possible :)
  • I took mine out before my first son was born and the hole is all stretched out and gets really red as my pregnancy goes on. It kind of hurts too :/. I can tell you it only gets worse in your second pregnancy!

I also took mine out way before having my son. It was an immature decision I had made and I wouldn't want to be caught dead with a belly ring at this point. What sucked was having it infected (years after removing it) when I was about 7 months pregnant with my son. Dude. It was leaking puss and super swollen and painful. My doctor had to drain it and that was one of the most excruciating thing ever. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that. So damn unnecessary for such a "in the moment" teenage decision.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've had mine taken out for 2+ years and it hasn't closed.
  • I am 20wks and just switched to my pregnancy belly button ring. I got it from a piercing store. They are much bigger and have a lot more flex to them compared to a regular belly button ring.
  • I've had mine out for probably 8 years and can still put one in it. FYI.... it looks super awesome post-baby too... not!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Miz_Liz said:

I have had mine out for years and can still put one back in if I want. Mine never closed.

This
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I got two maternity belly rings last time, but was able to wear my normal rings til about 28-30 weeks, I kept the maternity one in til the night before I delievered! I only took it out because I knew I was scheduled to be induced the next morning. About 6 hours after I removed mine, my water broke. We joke that it was my cork, and good sex .. Yeah. Lol! I put it back in about a week later. I'm currently 20 weeks and still wearing a regular metal bar one. It's a longer one. But no stretching issues. And still comfy
  • I am 18 weeks as well but the plastic pregnancy ring break me out. I went with a spiral metal one from spencers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"