August 2015 Moms

Prego water addicts anonymous

I was searching around on this topic, but I wonder if there are a lot of ladies in the 18-20 week range who are constantly thirsty like me! For the first 4 m I didn't want water, but now I'm easily drinking 16oz. every 2 hours. I don't THINK I should be concerned... :)
Maybe it's just because I've still got a bit of a cough/cold. Baby is certainly going to be hydrated!

Re: Prego water addicts anonymous

• Same here!! I get so thirsty I will drink 2 full glasses at once multiple times during the day. I've read somewhere that extreme thirst could be a sign of gestational diabetes so I will ask my doc when I go next week just to be sure

Baby Boy 4.8 kg, 55 cm born 10.31.2010 
    Expecting #2  8.16.2015 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm going to ask too on my appointment Wednesday. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Lemon water is the absolute best in the world! I can't stop drinking it.
  • I drink a ton of water, not because I am always thirsty, but because I feel better when I do.  When I don't drink as much, I feel more uncomfortable.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• A friend if mine (on her 4th pregnancy) says:
    "I have days like that. Not sure at (what) point, but somewhere in 2nd tri your blood volume is doubled. Drink that water!!"
  • Chugging all day!
  • Yepp. Same here! I get up in the middle of the night to pee and have to drink a cup of water because I'm so thirsty!
  • Chugging water here too! Some days I feel like I can't get enough
  • All I drink is water which is a good thing. I'm not concerned.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I drink so much water it's crazy. I've always been a water person my whole life, and now it's even worse. lol, my SO always quotes the water boy to me when im chugging water like a mad woman "Waterrr sucks it really really sucks!"

Always hold on to hope ❤
  • I have recently started craving water too!  It's very unusual for me because I usually I have to force myself to drink any water at all.  For me, it's easily the healthiest craving I have, so I'm counting my blessings!
  • Yes, I have serious dry mouth lately.
  • In my first trimester i was drinking about 100oz a day. Now I just don't want it. I am lucky to get 6-8 glasses a day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good trick: if you HATE getting up to pee 47 times a night, try to eat more leafy greens throughout the day. It helps a lot with opening your body up to hydration; I.e. Hopefully you won't be so thirsty before bed and you won't have to drink a ton of water before sleep. On the days I can't stomach greenery, I increase my berry intake. Both are good alternatives; just watch your sugar intake too! Sugar drains your body of all that good hydration.
  • Same here I used to love soda so much I'd go weeks without drinking water but now I'm polar opposite soda tastes nasty to me and water is oh so refreshing I easily drink 5-8 16oz bottles a day not counting about 2 during evening and through the night still crave my coffee though :)
  • that was one of the first signs that made me think I was pregnant - 19 weeks now though and not so thirsty these days. however I will say that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 11 weeks - so that may have had a hand in the thirst. not to scare anyone, or say that it's true of everyone, but if you have a family history and you are very thirsty, it may be worth checking with your doc about gestational testing earlier than 28 weeks.

happy H2O to you all :)

• I searched for this thread because I woke up this morning and have just been thirsty allllllll day. I am a big time water drinker usually, but polishing off my second liter before lunch seemed excessive. Then I made the classic mistake of googling what might be wrong with me to be this thirsty!  My mind is set at ease reading your personal experiences. I am still early, just week 7, and have my first doctors appointment on Monday and will definitively be asking about it, in case of gestational diabetes. Thanks! :)>- 
  • Besides my one cup of coffee in the morning, ALL I drink is water ALL. DAY. LONG. And I used to be an ice tea/diet soda drinker before pregnancy. I easily drink 100 oz of water a day, but hey...I figure there are worse things I could be craving!

Drink UP, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"