April 2015 Moms
Options

How did you feel the day you went into labor?

I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant with my first and really curious about this! 

So for those who have gone through labor before, how did you feel the day of? Did you feel normal? Out of sorts? Sick? 

Please share your stories! :)

Re: How did you feel the day you went into labor?

• Options
    I felt normal. I woke up the next morning with back contractions. The only difference I noticed was that I didn't sleep very well that night, and I had been up until that point.
  • Options
    With my first I had been having some contractions and had a MD appt that day(40weeks). They did a NST and confirmed I was having contractions but to go home and wait until they were 3-5mins apart. I went home and tried to lay down and my water broke.
    With my second I woke up having contractions (38 weeks)went to go pee and my water broke, even stronger and harder contractions came after that.
    We'll see what happens with number 3, 35.5 weeks and counting
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My second I woke up not feeling too well. I was very achy. I sent my husband to Church alone. By the time he returned I was have conistent contractions. I started walking for several hours until they be intense.

My third I was having prodromal labor for 4 days prior with contractions that would drop me to the ground, but then stop. On the fifth day my water broke and I started an induction.

My first was just an induction.
  • Options
    With my first, that morning I had an urge to sweep the entire house and clean even though I had some uncomfortable contractions and was very tired. I thought they were just BHs. Then, I took a nap. I got up to pee and when I went, I heard a 'pop' and a little bit of water gushed out. That's when I lost my mucous plug, called the doc and she advised to go straight to hospital asap. I wasn't in much pain until they started me on pitocin to accelerate labor. Had him at 35 weeks +4. Now I'm 36 +6 with my second and have no signs or symptoms yet. Good luck! Your baby will be here very soon! :)
  • Options
    Well I didn't consider myself in labor until I woke up at 2 am with contractions (which I thought was just back aches and pains from being wore out). Looking back though I was probably in labor the day leading up to that because at work I felt sort of out of breath and as if I was "coming down" with something all day. Nothing seemed super out of the ordinary though, just a little under the weather. Honestly it's a good thing I decided to track my contractions "just in case" because otherwise I maybe barely made it to the hospital lol.
  • Options
    I really didn't feel much different until contractions started
  • Options
    With my first I felt good, even went for a little hike lol. I was disappointed, thought I would be pregnant forever.
  • Options
    I felt totally normal. I was walking around Whole Foods when my water broke. When I got to L & D and they hooked me up to the monitors they told me my uterus was very irritated and that I was having contractions, but I couldn't even feel them! Different for everyone, I guess.
  • Options
    The day before I went into labor I was very tired and couldn't eat enough to satisfy me. The morning of I told my husband it might be the big day because I just had that feeling. I had my regular dr appointment that day and after 2 weeks I was still 1cm and did not expect anything to happen. But I went into labor a few hours later!
  • Options
    Did anyone have a huge headache before going into labor?? My head is KILLING me! My bp is great and I dont have really any swelling so its not pre-e but man it hurts and its been like this all day! I read some stories from another forum through google and some moms had headaches others did not before labor, but I was curious about anyone from here? (Yes I know every woman and pregnancy is different, but still curious if its a possible sign or just another pregnancy symptom to shake off).
  • Options

Did anyone have a huge headache before going into labor?? My head is KILLING me! My bp is great and I dont have really any swelling so its not pre-e but man it hurts and its been like this all day! I read some stories from another forum through google and some moms had headaches others did not before labor, but I was curious about anyone from here? (Yes I know every woman and pregnancy is different, but still curious if its a possible sign or just another pregnancy symptom to shake off).

I've had a headache and lightheaded and no BP issues. No baby yet. Going on day 4 of it in a row. Been checked and nothing is "wrong"
  • Options
    First one went into labor while out for a walk. Second one went into labor while family was at church. Sunday seems to be my Labor Day. Maybe cause it's so peaceful!
  • Options
    With my first I worked all day and had NO indication anything was about to happen. No Braxton Hicks, no pain at all. My husband and I went for a long walk that evening, I ate some labor cookies (look up the recipe online) and an hour later my water broke!
  • Options

Labor cookies??? I will have to look that up. Although, I'm being induced Monday morning and my uncle is the on call OB this weekend, so I'll probably wait to try those next time around!