Infertility

Progesterone... Feeling???

Has anyone taken progesterone?? How does it make you feel??? Has anyone ever gotten pregnant from using progesterone?

Re: Progesterone... Feeling???

• Um, I don't think progesterone used by itself will increase odds of pregnancy. I was on progesterone to help get my uterine lining ready for an FET and to support the pregnancy. I didn't notice any side effects. 
  • Progesterone actually will help increase the odds of a *successful* pregnancy (not the act of getting pregnant but of staying pregnant), which is why they shoot you up with it for the entire first trimester if you do IVF. It helps the uterine lining stay in place until your placenta grows. It's the drop in progesterone that ultimately causes your period. That said, it won't help you if the embryo itself isn't compatible with life. But it can give you help reducing the chances of a miscarriage caused by hormone drops or other variations.

You should *not* take progesterone if you're not under a supervised doctor's care. It is an androgen and it can have serious, serious side effects when not monitored. 

How do you feel before your period? That's when your body's natural progesterone is at its highest. Multiply that by a gazillion and that's how a supplement will make you feel. For me, it was totally, totally shitty and I hated every minute of it. But every body is different. 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"