August 2015 Moms
Options

Does anyone know?

does anyone know if you go into the hospital because you think your having the baby but you end up not having it "false alarms", do they cost you money as well?

Re: Does anyone know?

• Options
    I would imagine that you'd still be charged for the visit and any testing that wasn't covered by insurance.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did talk to my OB they said if possible to check with them first and they would be able to look at stuff and send me to the hospital, and others have told me go into the ER but ask to go to Labor and delivery
  • Options
    I went to the ER last time for a false alarm and it cost us $75 for our ER copay. You should be able to look up what your cost would be for an ER visit, or call and ask your insurance company.
  • Options

does anyone know if you go into the hospital because you think your having the baby but you end up not having it "false alarms", do they cost you money as well?

I guess you're referring to the labor and delivery ward??? My doctor doesn't start to refer me to L&D until around 24ish weeks if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, if so, yes of course they charge. You don't get medical services for free...
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Once the time got closer my OB actually told me to call the office before going in to the hospital. The hospital with definitely charge you and the copay at the OB will be much cheaper than a false alarm at the hospital.
  • Options
    I don't have a ER co pay unfortunately and usually I think that means I pay more. But I will call my OB if I feel like something's wrong but what if it's at like 3 am lol! And if your water breaks how long do you have until you need to go to the hospital?
  • Options
    If you know your water broke I would head to the hospital not long after. With my first my water broke at 2am and that's what I did. But I did have an on call doctor that I called first. Your doctors office should have one, if I was you I would check with them on this procedure.
  • Options
    My doctor gave me an after hours number to call so I would see if yours has the same so you can call them if you suspect something before going to the ER. ER visits usually cost more.
  • Options
    You can call your doctor anytime. They're on call 24/7 (or a covering doctor). The minute you sign in to a hospital, you will be charged. It's just the way it is. Even if you leave AMA (against medical advice) you will be charged because you were seen at least by a triage nurse.
  • Options
    our O.B. gave us his personal cell number last time for if we had an emergency.  I ended up not needing to use it and would never take advantage of such a generous offer unless I absolutely needed to. I loved the security of having it though!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"