October 2015 Moms
Options

Essential oil help

Hey ladies,

My coworker has been putting on Doterras "Past Tense" oil on and it is very strong. Does anyone know if it is safe to smell during pregnancy? We are in a small office and I have become paranoid. Thank you!!

Re: Essential oil help

• Options
    I would guess that aside from the smell making you feel nauseated it would be safe to smell it during pregnancy.. Most every essential oil is safe to use during pregnancy since they are all natural.
  • Options
    Okay! That's what I thought but just wanted to double check and make sure I wasn't inhaling something I shouldn't be all day. Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No problem! I know some shouldn't be ingested or used topically but I would think smelling any wouldn't pose an issue
  • Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    The PastTense has wintergreen oil in it which I've heard you shouldn't use during pregnancy (although the info seems conflicted). If you're just smelling it though it's probably fine.
  • Options
    Mela5Mela5 member
    somewhere on the bump or  baby center there is actually a list of oils to avoid. I ran across it a while back. I remember clove oil being mentioned as a no no as well. 
  • Options
    Mela5Mela5 member
    I would suspect though that the list had more to do with personal application - like skin contact, and consumption, though. 
  • Options
    It's 100% safe! :) I actually use past tense and MANY other oils daily. Stephanie Frits wrote a wonderful book on pregnancy and dōTERRA called "essential oils for pregnancy, birth, & babies "
  • Options
    Most any dōTERRA oil is safe for pregnancy. You should avoid Clary sage and clary calm though. (I'm a wellness advocate) and STRONGLY recommend the abovementioned book for dōTERRA and pregnancy.
  • Options
    Thank you!! That's great to know. I used essential oils prior to getting pregnant but only occasionally as I was just learning about them. When I got pregnant, I stopped completely cause I didn't know enough about them and google sometimes isn't the best helper :) I will look into that book!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"