High-Risk Pregnancy

Preeclampsia?

I'm 36 weeks, and I finally have my first internal exam with the dr today. Im at least 1 cm dilated, possibly 2. But baby is already in head down position, so the head was blocking my cervix. Iron is a bit low. Had to get last minute bloodwork bc blood pressure has been borderline high last few appts. And there was protein in my urine sample, so they're also checking for preeclampsia. If I do have preeclampsia, then I was be induced at 37 weeks, which is next week! If not preeclampsia but blood pressure remains high, then will be induced 38-39 weeks. I now have to collect my pee for 24 hours, and come back on Thurs to check for protein in that pee sample, get my blood pressure taken, and draw more blood again... Dr was concerned also that I had a headache on Sunday. Headaches, swelling of extremities, protein in urine, and high blood pressure are symptoms of preeclampsia.
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with preeclampsia before?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Preeclampsia?

• Hi!  I had it with DS1,  hoping I don't get it with DS2!!  Good news is you are 36 weeks and it is just now becoming an issue.  I was right around the same time when mine started.  I had borderline bp for a few visits and then protein in my urine.  I did a 24 urine collection and was called to come into hospital because of Pre-eclampsia.  They tried to induce at 37 weeks  but after 24 hours nothing was happening so I ended up having a csection.  Me and baby were both healthy:)  DS1 was born 6lb 11oz and spent 1 week in NICU because they wanted to monitor his breathing but other than that no issues.  A LOT of babies are born at 37 weeks and never see the NICU, my guy just needed a little monitoring but was never on a breathing machine or anything.  They consider 37 weeks full term so be very happy to have made it that far.  A lot of people develop this earlier and then they are many other complications with having a baby that early!  Good Luck!!! I hope you don't have it but if you do, I wish you and baby a safe delivery!!
  • Thank you for sharing, @ladun6 . That was very useful to know!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup I had it with my first also, diagnosed at around 33 weeks - hospital bedrest and medication until I was induced at 37 weeks (although, many time in those four weeks I was told they wanted to deliver that day...) it's scary, but definitely good news that you are already 36 weeks so baby has had plenty of time to grow big and strong
    Even though my son was born at 37 weeks he was 8"10 and fed like a month old baby immediately and no nicu time- just monitored first night
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"