August 2015 Moms

My BF hates Hospitals

I'm feeling very upset.  My BF doesn't like hospitals and he won't be with me with during the birth.  I knew this way before i got pregnant.  IDK i just thought he'd change his mind.  My mom won't be their either only my bff.  I feel like im in this all alone.  I swear I want to break up with him over this.  Am I over reacting or what?  Thank God this isn't my first go around or I'd really feel lost,  None the less I',m still afraid to do this without him  

Re: My BF hates Hospitals

• Home birth or birth center? There are other options if being in a hospital is his only problem.
  • I am going to go out on a limb and guess that his hatred of hospitals stems from an experience when he was younger? If so, perhaps he could seek counseling to help him cope with whatever has caused this phobia. To be afraid/nervous/not a fan of is one thing, but for it to be so crippling that he would miss the birth of his child is a whole different level. There is still time for him to seek help to get through this. I would try to have a rational calm conversation with him about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • If birthing in the hospital what you want?

If so, you should be able to birth where YOU feel comfortable. You shouldn't have to labor in a birth center or at home if that's not what you feel is right for you. I think you need to sit him down and tell him exactly how you feel and how serious this is for you. Hopefully he can get therapy or some type of help in order to be there for the birth of his child.

GL.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Will he entertain a visit to see the labor and delivery rooms? The hospital we will be at, this section has a very different feel and its own entrance. My DH doesn't do well in hospitals either and had to leave anytime a needle was used, but he sucked it up. We brought along a Scentsy warmer because the hospital smell bugged him the most after needles. We were there 5 days and he ended up doing great.
  • he needs to get over himself and stop being a baby. I wouldn't feed into it... Grow up & be a man. your having his baby and going through labor.... Pretty sure he should be able to get over his "fear"
  • He needs to man up. My boyfriend is petrified of needles but my doctor needed to know his blood type since I'm rh negative so he put his feelings aside and did it. To me having him at the birth is so so important to both of us. I can't imagine how pissed you are. I hope he gets the help he needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"